Cable or Adapter to connect Vive Pro to Laptop (Minidisplay and HDMI)

Kay2029

Hi, I got Vive Pro for Christmas and lol spent the last 24 hours looking for a cable OR adapter that I could use to connect my beauty to my VR Ready laptop. 
Video card has HDMI and miniDisplay port. But I can't decide which cable to buy and I failed to find a clear answer which one  will work 100% , 

order-try it- return- reorder process  will take days if not weeks, so I was hoping that I 'm not the only one with such issue and someone could post a link to

a cable OR adapter that works 100% 

Laptop has NVidia 1070 card if it's important. HDMI and Minidisplay ports are available  ( I know it's not a powerful one but if it works at least on some games i would already be happy 🙂 )

Btw, HDMI port worked to an extent with a cable that i found in the house, the installation process recognized the connection but further on couldn't detect the headset. 

1 hour ago, Kay2029 said:

Hi, I got Vive Pro for Christmas and lol spent the last 24 hours looking for a cable OR adapter that I could use to connect my beauty to my VR Ready laptop. 
Video card has HDMI and miniDisplay port. But I can't decide which cable to buy and I failed to find a clear answer which one  will work 100% , 

order-try it- return- reorder process  will take days if not weeks, so I was hoping that I 'm not the only one with such issue and someone could post a link to

a cable OR adapter that works 100% 

Laptop has NVidia 1070 card if it's important. HDMI and Minidisplay ports are available  ( I know it's not a powerful one but if it works at least on some games i would already be happy 🙂 )

Btw, HDMI port worked to an extent with a cable that i found in the house, the installation process recognized the connection but further on couldn't detect the headset. 

@Kay2029 Congrats on your awesome gift! This miniDP cable will 100% work with your new Vive Pro: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0777RKTJB/ref=twister_B077GCMQXJ

You will need a miniDP to miniDP cable to connect the Vive Pro to your laptop. HDMI cables or adapters will not work with Vive Pro. 

Let us know if you have any other questions.

8 hours ago, Kay2029 said:

Thank you so much !! :)) will try to find it in best buy tomorrow and if no luck - will order on amazon. 

In my experience, Best Buy typically does not have this cable in store. Your best bet is probably to order from Amazon.