Tracking issue

Oneill

Good morning, sir,

During my first cosmo test, I noticed a tracking problem.
Not a problem of luminosity as I often read but when I play a FPS and that I shoulder a weapon (hand close to the body) follows it and inaccurate. I must put the hand more forward to have a better follow.

Have you also noticed any problems. How to remedy this?
I didn't have this problem with my old htc vive.

Thank you for your answer, it doesn't change the problem, I think the problem comes from the fact that the joystick is in a blind spot of the camera. The only solution would be I think to go back to a base station system. But between the price of e bases and compatible controllers...

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Oneill said:

I've had no improvement, I'm very disappointed with this product ...

Ya, 2 handed rifle type games still do not track properly but for the most part, everything else works a lot better with the latest software.  Hopefully the upcoming Beta, later this month, will help.  Hang in there mate. 

• 3 months later...

I'm having similiar issues. I've been using a Rift S for some time now. I purchased the Cosmos and wireless kit because I like the idea on getting rid of the boom stand I use for cable management. The Cosmos is a real disappointment so far. The controllers are heavy and clunky. I typically have to pull the triggers 3 or 4 times before the actually respond. The tracking is terrible, constantly losing track of my hand positions in a well lit room that was fine for a Rift. Comfort is also an issue as it feels heavier and overall just less comfortable than the Rift S. I really wanted to love this product, but I after 2 days of non-stop disappointment I am considering seeing if I can return it or perhapps just selling it on ebay. I haven't even bothered to install the wirless kit since it isn't even usable tethered. 

Edited by drshan
fixed typo

In the same situation regarding aim tracking. Must say this is the most disapointing purchase of hardware I've done in many many years. Even my PSVR tracks better than the cosmos.... The closest I've gotten to barely tolerate aiming with this crappy tracking is using Input emulating software from same developer as advanced steamvr settings on github. There I can offset one controller enough so they dont cover eachother while aiming. But it's not even close to OK. I'm going to buy another kit, not ever a HTC again. I'm not going to sell the cosmos either, I'm gonna burn it. No one should ever have to experience this kind of awful design....

2 hours ago, drshan said:

I'm having similiar issues. I've been using a Rift S for some time now. I purchased the Cosmos and wireless kit because I like the idea on getting rid of the boom stand I use for cable management. The Cosmos is a real disappointment so far. The controllers are heavy and clunky. I typically have to pull the triggers 3 or 4 times before the actually respond. The tracking is terrible, constantly losing track of my hand positions in a well lit room that was fine for a Rift. Comfort is also an issue as it feels heavier and overall just less comfortable than the Rift S. I really wanted to love this product, but I after 2 days of non-stop disappointment I am considering seeing if I can return it or perhapps just selling it on ebay. I haven't even bothered to install the wirless kit since it isn't even usable tethered. 

Me too. But my country doesn't have return policy. All purchases are final. I won't buy any HTC product anymore as they don't have the core technology to make a functional product. What I feel now is that they keep on saying "We will have new firmware to improve it over time" but when ? It has been 7 months since launch. If they admit it is a design fault, they need to do recall worldwide. 

Bose also do worldwide recall for its sleepbud because it is not a functional product.

Edited by lam0218