3 mixed base station setup ?

Aurescalia

Hello, 

i own a vive pro with 2 controllers 1.0 and 2 base stations 1.0.

I would like to know if it is possible to add a 2.0 base station to better track my hmd in my seated zone ?

I already know 2.0  cannot track 1.0 controllers, but this doesn’t matter for my setup, i only need the hmd to be tracked with the 2.0 base station.

thanks for the answers 🙂

have a great day !

Fabien.

No, you cannot use 1.0 and 2.0 base stations together.  They are not compatible.  If I were you I would just stick with your current 2x1.0 setup and maybe look at repositioning them a little for better seated coverage.   Maybe even add a sync cable.

@Aurescalia - The 1.0 and 2.0 stations have different "sync" systems - that's ultimately

• You can't have more than a single pair of the 1.0 stations operating within a direct line of sight of one another without the sync systems clashing
  • You can't use 1.0 and 2.0 stations in the same room without physically isolating the two basestation types. If you try to run them in the same area at the same time, tracking will break due to interference from the sync systems.
  • You can't use 2.0 stations to track 1.0 sensor-enabled gear because the old sensors predate the new sync system
  • As Tom said, optimizing your positioning and adding a sync cable are the best ways to improve adding your existing tracking.
  • 2.0 tracking primarily helps with very large or professional installations - for the playsizes most commonly found in-home, there's not a huge UX difference between 1.0 and 2.0 tracking unless you have environmental constraints that make it hard to optimize for 1.0's constraints.
  • Like 1