VIVE Pro white out

himono

I am developing a shooting game with VIVE and VIVE Pro.
But, VIVE Pro frequently white out. It due to occlusion of the sensor on headset by hand when taking a shooting position with gun controller.
White out does not happen with VIVE. VIVE white out only when many sensors are occluded. Other hand, VIVE Pro white out even when one sensor is occluded.
Can I fix this problem by change the setting?

Are you using the same base-stations or are you using 2.0 stations? Tracking performance should be virtually identical on 1.0 stations but 2,0 sensor enabled devices are a tad more sensitive to reflections. There are enough sensors on an HMD that unless your stations are not installed at good angles, there should be more than enough sensors to still derive a pose estimate.

I'd recommend trying to capture the event in real time via SteamVR -> Developer -> Webconsole - you should be able to reproduce the event and see the readout in real-time.

I'd also recommend checking your webconsole or the logs contained in a SteamVR system report for reflections. You can use the search team "back-facing" to find the lines that relate to reflections. Here's what a reflection looks like in the SteamVR logs or the webconsole.

• Sun Jun 26 2016 23:02:09.676 - lighthouse: LHR-4E8EF209 H: Dropped 32312 back-facing hits, 2069 non-clustered hits during the previous tracking session

Thank you for  your reply.

I use same base stations. The version is 1.0.

VIVE Pro always white out if I occlude one sensor with my finger. But, VIVE does not. "back-facing" event occurs when the sensor is occluded for a long time, but not for a short time. However, white out occurs immediately. This is fatal for shooting game.

I hope that this will be improved with a firmware update.