im a new user , but i can start , always show code 200

ElvinChow

Hello everyone, I just joined cosmos.  I installed and updated according to all instructions, including USB and software, but it always displayed code: 200. Then I removed all the software and USB driver and steamVR and reinstalled it, exhausting everything I could find on the Internet.  It finally worked after an accidental reinstallation, and I was able to play for hours at last, but when I shut down and rest, and then reopened it, I returned to code 200, and I was very frustrated.  It was a really bad experience. My computer is MSI GS65.  Also bought in the third quarter of 2019, USB is 3.0.  I really can't find a solution .... I am very troubled. I hope that experienced users can teach me how to fix it, sincerely appreciate it.

4efb6490dedbb8560632957b3eded95.png

d00dbf7784913e87cfe9c3ac925322e.png

I actually reported the problem ... , Do you mean that if I use another port to install it may be successful?  I do n’t know, most of the time I use the right port (near the HDMI side).  I have tried the two on the left once but they still look the same.  Maybe I should concentrate on the two ends on the left for intensive installation?  I don't know, your reply is like a bright light shining on the road.  I am wondering why there are so few cases of code200 on the Internet. I can hardly find any help. Thanks again for your reply.  But I'm not sure if switching to the left port will be successful ... because I bought it for 3 days and tried many times ... I never bought the product and then this situation occurs.  I went home at night and tried to report the problem again. thanks you so mach!

1 hour ago, ElvinChow said:

I actually reported the problem ... , Do you mean that if I use another port to install it may be successful?  I do n’t know, most of the time I use the right port (near the HDMI side).  I have tried the two on the left once but they still look the same.  Maybe I should concentrate on the two ends on the left for intensive installation?  I don't know, your reply is like a bright light shining on the road.  I am wondering why there are so few cases of code200 on the Internet. I can hardly find any help. Thanks again for your reply.  But I'm not sure if switching to the left port will be successful ... because I bought it for 3 days and tried many times ... I never bought the product and then this situation occurs.  I went home at night and tried to report the problem again. thanks you so mach!

No worries, I found your ticket. I'll get back to you soon.

7 hours ago, ElvinChow said:

So that the right side USB should work just fine. I have teams to check the logs already, but they may not return to me by tomorrow.
Anyway, few things to clarify with you,

1) you are connecting the device through all the inbox item right? can you reconnect them firmly and try again?
2) when you plug in all the cables and power up the linkbox, have you notice any firmware update notification? 

Thank you very much for your help. I uninstalled it again last night, and then reinstalled it using the USB on the other side. It turned out to work! If it works after trying this evening, the problem is that the USB on the right side of the GS65 cannot start VIVE (Near HDMI). Only the two USBs on the left can be used. I used the first USB on the left yesterday. i will check again at tonight!

1 minute ago, ElvinChow said:

Thank you very much for your help. I uninstalled it again last night, and then reinstalled it using the USB on the other side. It turned out to work! If it works after trying this evening, the problem is that the USB on the right side of the GS65 cannot start VIVE (Near HDMI). Only the two USBs on the left can be used. I used the first USB on the left yesterday. i will check again at tonight!

But I do use that port from time to time, maybe the error comes from the laptop itself? 

I tried again last night and there was no problem at all.  It seems that the problem is that the USB port on the right side of my GS65 cannot detect the head display (near the HDIMI side), but I must emphasize that this port has always been working properly and is very good. So I have not doubted it.  And it only provides services for VIVE.  I don't understand why.  But I am sure that my GS65 is not a problem, because it is also new and working properly.  I'm very happy that I don't need to spend more than half a day to reinstall the drivers and software. Now I plug in the vive and it will start immediately, I am very happy! 😄 Thank you for your reminders and suggestions.🙏

02.jpg

l_10179498_008.jpg

• Like 1