Dead Linkbox, or power cable issue?

DillHole

I was using my Vive Pro headset Sunday, when as I was playing, the headset shut off. 
I went to the link box, and the green light was off. I tried plugging it in to multiple different outlets, but there seems to be no power.

Is this more likely a linkbox that needs to be replaced, or the power cable?
I'd hate to buy a linkbox and find out it's the cable. 

Maybe try unpluging/plugging in the power cord to the link box itself.  I have had mine get a little loose once.  Also, you could try plugging in one of your base station power supplies to the link box itself and see if the green light comes on or not.  Probably best to contact Vive support and ask them for help.

11 hours ago, TomCgcmfc said:

Maybe try unpluging/plugging in the power cord to the link box itself.  I have had mine get a little loose once.  Also, you could try plugging in one of your base station power supplies to the link box itself and see if the green light comes on or not.  Probably best to contact Vive support and ask them for help.

I thought about doing that, but my friend was saying the the amp output is different between the linkbox and sensors, which might cause it's own set of problems.
I'll try it out quickly and see what happens.

@DillHole - Without an additional link-box power supply, there no easy way to isolate it between the linkbox or linkbox's power supply. It's not very common for linkboxes to fail but it does happen - it's even less likely for the power supplies to die but it does also happen.

I would recommend contacting our live chat support via www.vive.com/contactus -> contact us -> contact us. And seeing how your warranty may factor into a potential RMA.

3 hours ago, DillHole said:

I thought about doing that, but my friend was saying the the amp output is different between the linkbox and sensors, which might cause it's own set of problems.
I'll try it out quickly and see what happens.

It doesn't fit. .

3 hours ago, VibrantNebula said:

@DillHole - Without an additional link-box power supply, there no easy way to isolate it between the linkbox or linkbox's power supply. It's not very common for linkboxes to fail but it does happen - it's even less likely for the power supplies to die but it does also happen.

I would recommend contacting our live chat support via www.vive.com/contactus -> contact us -> contact us. And seeing how your warranty may factor into a potential RMA.

I'm pretty sure I'm out of warranty on this by now, but if I do need to replace the power cable, do I need to go through a third party to get it? I didn't see replacements for sale on those from htc.

17 hours ago, VibrantNebula said:

@DillHole - Our care teams usually have care-specific stockpiles of parts that aren't normally available. Just post here again if you hit a barrier

Awesome, thanks!
I did reorder a replacement linkbox, so if that ends up not being the issue, I'll be back here.

On 5/6/2020 at 5:53 PM, VibrantNebula said:

@DillHole - Our care teams usually have care-specific stockpiles of parts that aren't normally available. Just post here again if you hit a barrier

I just got the linkbox in the mail and everything is up and running again. Thanks for the help!