Vive Tracker Trigger Event [UE4]

PJninja

Hi all,

I am trying to get the trigger event from a Vive Tracker. We are able to see Trigger Pull successfully in Test Controller window for SteamVR.

Also, How can I know which Tracker sent the Trigger Event?

This is all via Unreal Engine 4 version 4.23.2

Thanks

@MariosBikos_HTC

2 hours ago, MariosBikos_HTC said:

Hey @PJninja,

is this helpful? It contains instructions on how to use the vive tracker in Unreal Engine.
You are using UE 4.23.2 so may also need the SteamVR Input Plugin: https://github.com/ValveSoftware/steamvr_unreal_plugin/tree/4.23

Thank you for your quick reply!

Yes I went through that with SteamInput plugin. The issues I’m having with that is I can’t determine which Tracker sent the event and it doesn’t seem friendly for multi-tracker connection. Going through that post I was able to get a generic TrackerAction event. I would like to get an event with device iD or serial number. I would like an upwards of 5 trackers at a time.

On 6/25/2020 at 6:50 AM, PJninja said:

Thank you for your quick reply!

Yes I went through that with SteamInput plugin. The issues I’m having with that is I can’t determine which Tracker sent the event and it doesn’t seem friendly for multi-tracker connection. Going through that post I was able to get a generic TrackerAction event. I would like to get an event with device iD or serial number. I would like an upwards of 5 trackers at a time.

@MariosBikos_HTC