Blur on Cosmos Vive

vrmadness

So I have the cosmos vive and its looking pretty sweet , but I have an issue i dont know if others experience but when i look left and right from the lens it is blurry . I can only see clearly when moving my head and centering my sight on the lens/?

Any fixes for this?

Thanks also glad to be on the vive squa:D

@vrmadness

This phenomena is called the lens "sweet spot". All current HMDs some form of it and as a result each HMD has a different "sweet spot" size and profile. The morphology of your face and how the headset is sitting against your face plays into it as well. Each VR lens type has pros and cons and sweet spot is just one of a handful of other factors that play into why a specific lens is selected for a given headset (i.e. distortion, pupil swim, chromatic aberration, ect...) and all of these have deeper impacts than optical clarity because they directly effect user comfort and motion sickness.

ok i see, well it is dissapointing on the cosmos because the resolution is high and the sweet spot gets distorted with a quick glance left and right.

What about the vive pro eye, does this make the sweet spot easier on the eyes?

@vrmadness Pro does have a slightly larger sweet spot than Cosmos and has a wider range of ergonomic adjustments but it has other tradeoffs. The main tradeoffs are that it has OLED panels which have deeper blacks but slightly more SDE and a slightly lower precieved resolution and that the lenses catch more internal reflections (commonly mislabeled as "god rays" by the VR community).

ok thanks for the info.

Im playing with the settings on the cosmos but to get 90hz i have to turn on "motioncompensation" and "performance priority mode". the resolution has beenr educed i think because of this and dont know a work around?

Edited by vrmadness

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/30/2020 at 8:11 PM, vrmadness said:

ok i see, well it is dissapointing on the cosmos because the resolution is high and the sweet spot gets distorted with a quick glance left and right.

What about the vive pro eye, does this make the sweet spot easier on the eyes?

If you got no problem in loosing your guarantee, you could apply the lense mod to your headset which gives a nice clear  view with a larger sweetspot.

• Like 1