Error 220 on Cosmos

fatpandas

Has anyone encountered and have a fix for Error 220 (DP HDCP Compatibility issues) with non-MSI laptops?

I stopped using the Cosmos for a couple months since the tracking problems were driving me up a wall. Decided I'd give it a shot today and now I'm consistently encountering this Error 220. To be clear, everything was working (tracking issues aside) previously.

What currently happens is:

Everything will start fine (video / audio / tracking). Then after a little bit (less than 1 min), the display will turn off. This typically lasts 6-7 seconds. During this time, audio and tracking are still working. Just the display that goes black. Then when the display pops back in, the audio will cut out and pretty much stay off from there on.

Then on a very consistent 40 second cycle, the display will go black again for another 6-7 seconds. If you look at the Vive Console, you'll see the Error 220 pop up every time the display cuts out.

Running latest public release and I'm on a Razer Blade 15 (2019 model with 2080-MaxQ)

I'd appreciate it if someone could point me towards a solution. Otherwise it looks like i'll be packing this up for good and ordering an Index.

• 4 weeks later...

It is august 8 now. with the nvidia driver 451.67, Vive cosmos still got error 220. 

I test my Vive cosmos HMD on my friend PC which he use AMD Graphic card and it works fine.

Talk to support with this problem for 3 weeks now. Still cannot fix this bug. 

I never rollback driver (the lasted driver I have was  451.48 which ASUS gave me when I ask for New V-Bios. I try and it it still got error 220.

Sad. 😢

Here again to confirm that nvidia version 451.48 and so on will cause error 220. 

So, I use DDU and install driver version 446.14 and no more error 220.

If someone got this Error 220 with HDCP compatability issue please reinstal your graphics driver back to 446.14 to fix this error and pray for HTC or Nvidia to fix this.

This bug was 2 month old now. 

Sad. 😔

• Like 1