Space concern for room scale - do I have enough to fully enjoy room scale?

jroc2680vr

I have a 7ftx6ft space.  Looking to get the Vive but concerned I will not be able to fully appreciate room scale.  I know the official minimum space requirements are met but looking for feedback from actual users on their experiences with that or less space.  Thanks!

I just got back from a VR Cafe that has booths that are about that size. So it is certainly playable. My own home place space is slightly larger so I was surprised and disappointed at the smaller space of the booths. I find that no matter what space you have, you'll always want larger.

That said, the games that are like tennis, etc.. (holoball, etc) I tend not to play that much as they make you want to run or dive for the ball, etc.. and once you hit a wall once.. you tend to be room boundary shy. But no matter what you do, and what size room you have, you will hit your boundarys every once in awhile. I happens. 

But most games thankfully, have you only walk a foot or so and also a way to recenter yourself, etc.. so even small play areas are fine (Vanishing Realms is an excellent example of this, it auto pauses and tells you to recenter). These games are my favorite as I can relax and just enjoy playing them.. and I get to forget about boundaries for the most part.

Archived