Can you use gift cards to split up payment of Vive?

jroc2680vr

I'll see if I can find this out, , although I have to say I doubt it - in the same way that splitting a payment over multiple credit cards generally isn't done via ecommerce sites. Essentially, even though they're gift cards, for the purposes of payment collection a Visa gift card is still a Visa card.

Thanks.  I have enough Best Buy cards to buy the Rift and CPU needed from a Best Buy store.  Would like to see if I can split up gift cards to buy the Vive as I would have to by online through HTC as I have no local store to try before I buy.  I can buy though a Game Stop store but I have no return policy if it doesn’t work out.

• 2 months later...

Just checking th status of this.  I am ready to buy and now have enough VIsa cards to cover entire purchase.  Question remains, can you check out with multiple gifts cards or split up payment.  Please let me know ASAP.  Thansks so much!

NOPE! I found this out from their customer service just last week.

There is a slight 'workaround' though.

Take your Visa GiftCards and buy AMAZON Gift Cards, or Reload your Amazon Gift Card Balance - https://www.amazon.com/Reload-Your-Gift-Card-Balance/b?ie=UTF8&node=10232440011

When you make your purchase on AMAZON - you'll be able to use that GiftCard Balance. Then if you don't have enough, you can throw it onto a card.

This is actually what I just did. I had 3 gift cards I threw at Amazon. Then bought my Vive and put the rest on another card. Worked great!

Fair warning if you do decide to go the Amazon route, if you're in a state with sales tax on Amazon, which I think is most by now, you're going to be paying $50+ extra. However, I added one to my cart and then decided not to buy it and they sent me a $100 off coupon about a week later., I don't think I can transfer it, but they might do the same for you.

Archived