WHERE THE HELL IS CUSTOMER SUPPORT?!

bscarl88

It's been 8 months since I receieved my Vive/sent my first repair inquiry.  I got my Vive, and the front camera never worked, and the vibration/sound never worked on 1 controller.  Of course, their return/repair page never worked, it just opened up a new tab to the same page...  I contacted them the first day upon setup via email, never heard anything.  I then called a few days later, they said they would get back to me and had a ticket number for me that they would email to me.  I never heard back or got an email. I sent another message, then called and had both my previous emails "Escalated" As high priority.  STILL NEVER HEARD BACK.  I'm so fed up, I just want my Vive fixed, this is so unnaceptable.  I finally decided to give it another go, and reach out on these forums in hopes that someone from HTC would step up and help, because god konws I'm not getting help the way I'm supposed to request it.

Glad you posted this.  Deciding between the Rift and the Vive and I hear Oculus customer service is an email in to a black hole.  Plus side is that you can buy Oculus at a best buy and deal with local support if needed whereas with the Vive, I can buy at a GameStop but all support is through Vive.  

Sounds like support on both ends have much room for improvement.  Feedback from current users?

Support is key.   Need feedback.  Especially since seeing this post.  Thanks all!

Dont' get me wrong, the Vive is AWESOME.  Many more experiences than Oculus, although you could say Oculus has more polished ones.   But most of my favorite games are the unpolished ones.  Either way, don't expect to take it back, or repair it.  But I bet you if you bought something else from them, you'd get an immediate charge to your account faster than you can press the "Confirm Purchase" button.  This is near criminal.  

Hi  - PM me, or post your ticket numbers and I'll see what I can do. Apologies that you've had issues.

As a general note for all; if you have problems and do post here, including ticket numbers (if you have them), plus details on where (ie, which URL) you tried to contact Customer Care is helpful. Specifically, it's always handy to know where you are, because Customer Care is global, but still territory based.

Thanks in advance.

I'm having similar issues getting in contact with anyone from support. I've sent two emails through https://www.vive.com/us/support/contactus/ and gotten no response whatsoever. I've tried the live chat, and it only gives me "message not sent, click here to resend" and never actually sends it. I just want to replace my base station (it's getting "fault 03" and no software fixes have helped) so I can go back to enjoying my vive. Is there nobody in US support? It seems like it. :(

I sent a message, haven't heard back yet. Hopefully he responds, I'm kind of out of options outside of just making a stink on public forums and hoping somebody notices. Which I really don't want to do because I actually like my Vive and hate when people do that kind of stuff.

What about Twitter? Although I don't use it myself I have heard that a lot of companies are more receptive to communication via that channel versus others.

This one is interesting, BS still works in spite of fault, you not so lucky?

https://steamcommunity.com/app/250820/discussions/0/152390648083869888/

This one has an email address:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/358720/discussions/0/385428458171928063

I can't believe they don't have an actual support phone number. I feel like an idiot for not checking that out prior to purchase. I just assumed that an electronics manufacturer would have a way for customers to contact Support.

no, I'm not as lucky. The second laser (to the right of the cluster of lights) is definitely not emitting light. That's actually the support guy I followed some instructions from, but he's just a valve employee, not an HTC guy. He can't help me replace my faulty unit.

It is absolutely astounding. I'd LOVE to sit on a phone for a few hours yelling at a robot like normal companies at this point. I never thought it would be this hard to get in touch with even a robot, let alone a human. Still haven't heard back from . To be fair to him, it's not like I've got much to go on. No ticket number or anything, since I still haven't been able to talk to anyone.

Hey , about to respond to your PM. Sorry for the delay.

As a general note, even if you don't talk to anyone at Customer Care (which isn't normal; I'll investigate), we can look up your interactions with your email address. Therefore, if you ping me with this sort of query, it's the first thing I'll ask for. (I can see the email address you used to register on the forums, but it's not always the same, of course.)

What I'll also ask for is which Customer Care team you (tried) to talk to, when, how and so on. Basic details. However, you can help me help you when it happens. :)

See your PMs in a few minutes.

Archived