Blue Dots (Noise) on Vive HMD

amartoccia

Was using my Vive for about an hour tonight and after restarting SteamVR once during my playing session I began seeing Blue Dots all over the screen. The dots aren't stuck and they move over the screen depending on where I am looking. It only seems to show up over dark/black spaces and not on lighter colored or white spaces. I have tried restarting SteamVR several times, unplugging and replugging in all cables. I tried connecting a different HDMI cable from my PC to the Link Box with no success. The dots only show up on the HMD and not on my PC monitor. I've attached a photo below for reference. Has anyone seen this or have any ideas on how to remedy it?

I'm running an ASUS ROG PC with 32 GB of RAM, Intel Core i7-6700HQ, and GTX 980

I did check the temperature of the GPU last night and it was at 71 degrees Celcius after 2-3 hours of using the Vive. Today it's at 51 degrees Celcius after just turning the Vive on. Im still having the same Blue Dot/Noise issue. I saw another user online that had a similar issue that fixed it with replacing the 3in1 cable but I'm not sure if he had the same problem. Any other ideas before I hagle with customer service or shell out for a new cable? 

For anyone that is interested I tried several different things and came to the solution that it was the HDMI cable portion of the 3in1 cable connecting the HMD and the Link Box. I have heard several people were getting faulty cables but I didn't find anyone that had the same blue noise/dots issue.

• 1 year later...

Archived