SRworks Initialization failed on PASSTHROUGH: -1

iig_epfl

Hi,

I have spent hours trying to use SRworks but when launching the Vive_SRWorks_Demo inside Experience folder I got "SRworks Initialization failed on PASSTHROUGH: -1".
I got the same error with the Unity Plugin inside a new project launching the sample scene.
SteamVR 15.19
SRWorks 0.9.7.1
Unity 2019.4.20f1
I have run the test for the camera with steamVR and the camera are working perfectly.

I have tried so many solutions I don't know what to do anymore.

Thank you in advance for your help

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Since i did not get any answers from the support, I spent two more days to solve the issue.
I found that SRworks does not work on windows 10 Pro. I had to install windows 10 Education and now it works.

Hope this might help someone else.

Best,

• Like 1

Hi, I experienced the same issue when I had Windows 10 Home on my computer. Then I installed Windows 10 Pro and the SRWorks package worked very well. So, it should work on your computer too and no need to reinstall Windows. 

• Like 1

Unfortunately, I have reinstalled Windows 10 pro several times and it  has never worked. But when installing windows 10 education it has worked at the first time.
However to be more precise I installed Windows 10 pro "N" and Windows 10 Education standard. So maybe it is only the Windows 10 pro "N" which has an issue with SRworks and not Windows 10 pro standard. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I have a WIndows 10 Educational version and I can confirm that the SRWorks is not working in multiple Unity versions.

The "[SRWorkModule] Initial PASSTROUGH : 1001" warning persists in different versions of Unity and all I see in play mode is a white rectangle even if the camera is moving with the headset.

I've posted more about this in this post:

Best,

• 2 months later...