Vive Pro 2 - no standby?

dburne

I have been running my new Vive Pro 2 quite hard since getting it about a week and a half ago. So far everything with it is working great. I have been gaming with it several hours each day.

One observation: When I first apply the power to the headset,  it has a red light on the side. Then when I connect via Vive Console, that light turns green. Ok so I am thinking maybe that red light signifies a stand by condition, then when I connect via the console it turns green to reflect operating condition.

However, when I am done with a gaming session and disconnect the Vive Console, the light does not go back to red but stays green. Is this the way it is supposed to be, or should it be turning red when disconnecting from Vive Console to signify it has gone back into a stand by mode?

I am just curious on this. I make a practice after each use to power it down via the Link box to be safe. But was wondering about the light and what it signifies whilst it is connected.

9 hours ago, dburne said:

I have been running my new Vive Pro 2 quite hard since getting it about a week and a half ago. So far everything with it is working great. I have been gaming with it several hours each day.

One observation: When I first apply the power to the headset,  it has a red light on the side. Then when I connect via Vive Console, that light turns green. Ok so I am thinking maybe that red light signifies a stand by condition, then when I connect via the console it turns green to reflect operating condition.

However, when I am done with a gaming session and disconnect the Vive Console, the light does not go back to red but stays green. Is this the way it is supposed to be, or should it be turning red when disconnecting from Vive Console to signify it has gone back into a stand by mode?

I am just curious on this. I make a practice after each use to power it down via the Link box to be safe. But was wondering about the light and what it signifies whilst it is connected.

Thanks, I'll have R&D to take a look the LED behavior which I believe its not corresponding the correct status now. 

• Like 1

My VP1 does the same thing (red light when I first power my link box, green when connected to SteamVR, green when I stop SteamVR, off when I power off link box).  I always power off my link box after use.  After +1.5 years use, no problems.  Since I also run a dual Oculus system it's good at keeping things separate.  I also use the Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) to shutdown Oculus runtime after quitting its use.  In any case, powering off the link box always made sense to me.

19 minutes ago, TomCgcmfc said:

My VP1 does the same thing (red light when I first power my link box, green when connected to SteamVR, green when I stop SteamVR, off when I power off link box).  I always power off my link box after use.  After +1.5 years use, no problems.  Since I also run a dual Oculus system it's good at keeping things separate.  I also use the Oculus Tray Tool (OTT) to shutdown Oculus runtime after quitting its use.  In any case, powering off the link box always made sense to me.

I remember VP1 should receive dim green when SteamVR is not present right? and brighter green when display is on. 

2 hours ago, C.T. said:

I remember VP1 should receive dim green when SteamVR is not present right? and brighter green when display is on. 

Ya, maybe a little dimmer green after closing SteamVR.  I never really notice this much because I generally power down the Link box after closing SteamVR and when my 2x 2.0 base stations go to sleep (light blue pulsating) and my  Index controllers power down as per my SteamVR device power settings.