How to improve poor quality on Vive Business Streaming

jaxx1974

Hi, it's me again, apologies.

While streaming in Vive Business Streaming by headset shows up as poor quality. No matter what I do, it does not change. What is the easiest way or ways to improve the streaming quality? Does a direct USB 3.0 connection to the PC help?

If you give some more info about your setup, it will make it easier for people to offer assistance.

I'm guessing you're meaning the image is blurry? (Or do you mean it's jumpy and poor frame rate?)

What are your PC specs?

What wireless router/AP do you use? (You could try USB 3 to help eliminate wireless issues)

In Vive business streaming on your PC - are you using 'Quality' and '100Mbps'?

What's your SteamVR render resolution?

You're always going to have some blur in the image due to the lower streaming resolution and bitrate - I'm hanging out for higher res and bitrate though to make the image nicer. Although, I am getting used to it, I'll be very happy when we can increase these..

Hi there VRwanter

Thank you for replying.

I am ashamed as I have no clue how I can provide you with these information. It's an older all-in-one PC but I guess the problem is the connection for the streaming. In VIVE Business Streaming there are 3 different connection values (good, average and poor). I don't know whether this could be raised by either having a better bluetooth or wireless LAN? (Which one applies to this?)

During streaming in Vive Business Streaming I m getting an '601 Error: Missing Frames'. My headset actually tries to receive the frames but lots are missing i.e. poor picture with 3D VR.

I tried connecting via USB. My PC seems to have a USB 3.2 port and so does the Vive Focus 3. When I connect it, it again shows an error instructing me to connect via 3.0 cable and/or port or higher, my current USB connection is obviously not sufficient. I was thinking that 3.2 should be ok, could it however be that my USD 3.2 cable is not strong for the transmission and I need to buy a better one? Are there different ones?

Sorry, I m really not much into PC things but this headset really got my attention.

Hey Jaxx,

If it's an all-in-one machine, your video card may not be great. You can check if you click the windows button down the bottom left, then type 'Device Manager' open that up and click the arrow beside 'Display Adapters' and let me know what's under there.

Hi there,

Thanks for your guidance. Under Display adaptors I can find: Intel(R) HD Graphics 630 and NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950M

The game just works fine in 2D on the said PC, fluent, (even with this maybe older graphic card), but the streaming to the VIVE Focus 3 shows has lots of missing frames and very poor quality on the headset picture.

Any idea how I could improve here?

Hey,

Sorry to break it to you, but the GTX 950M is less than half the speed of the recommended minimum video card.

I don't know if anyone else has suggestions, but I don't believe this card will ever give tolerable performance for VR. 

Thank you, vrwanter.

I thought since I had bought a VIVE Focus 3, which I considered to be a standalone VR set, the only thing I needed to stream thereto was a reliable bluetooth, Internet or cable connection, but obviously that is not so, correct?

No problem. The standalone part means that it can run stuff on its own without a computer. Streaming from the computer requires a fairly decent graphics card because you're not only running the PCVR application, you're also compressing and sending it to the headset and processing the commands/movement information that comes back from the headset.

Go to this link: https://business.vive.com/appstore/products and click 'Mobile VR' on the left, that will show you the stuff the headset can run natively without a computer at all. Hopefully you can find enough in there to keep you going until you can get a better PC.

4 hours ago, vrwanter said:

No problem. The standalone part means that it can run stuff on its own without a computer. Streaming from the computer requires a fairly decent graphics card because you're not only running the PCVR application, you're also compressing and sending it to the headset and processing the commands/movement information that comes back from the headset.

Go to this link: https://business.vive.com/appstore/products and click 'Mobile VR' on the left, that will show you the stuff the headset can run natively without a computer at all. Hopefully you can find enough in there to keep you going until you can get a better PC.

I just bought this baby in hope that it will meet my needs:

FS2020 Gaming PC Ryzen 7 5800X - RTX 3070

Gehäuse: Cooler Master - Silencio S600 Window

CPU (Prozessor): AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 8x 3,8GHz, 32MB L3

Mainboard: ASUS TUF B550-Plus Gaming | AMD B550

Grafikkarte: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB | ASUS TUF Gaming OC

Arbeitsspeicher: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 | 2x 16GB

SSD (M.2 / PCIe): 1TB Corsair MP600 CORE PCIe Gen. 4

Festplatte: 6TB Seagate IronWolf

Optisches Laufwerk: Blu-Ray Brenner - ASUS BW-16D1HT

Netzteil: 650W - be quiet! Straight Power 11

Soundkarte: HD-Audio Onboard

LAN / Wireless LAN: 2400 MBit/s WLAN ASUS PCE-AX3000

NVLink-Bridge: Nein / Standard NVLink-Bridge

CPU-Kühler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4

Betriebssystem: Windows 10 Home 64 Bit, DE | inkl. A+ Systemstick

55 minutes ago, jaxx1974 said:

I just bought this baby in hope that it will meet my needs:

FS2020 Gaming PC Ryzen 7 5800X - RTX 3070

Gehäuse: Cooler Master - Silencio S600 Window

CPU (Prozessor): AMD Ryzen 7 5800X | 8x 3,8GHz, 32MB L3

Mainboard: ASUS TUF B550-Plus Gaming | AMD B550

Grafikkarte: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 8GB | ASUS TUF Gaming OC

Arbeitsspeicher: 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4-3200 | 2x 16GB

SSD (M.2 / PCIe): 1TB Corsair MP600 CORE PCIe Gen. 4

Festplatte: 6TB Seagate IronWolf

Optisches Laufwerk: Blu-Ray Brenner - ASUS BW-16D1HT

Netzteil: 650W - be quiet! Straight Power 11

Soundkarte: HD-Audio Onboard

LAN / Wireless LAN: 2400 MBit/s WLAN ASUS PCE-AX3000

NVLink-Bridge: Nein / Standard NVLink-Bridge

CPU-Kühler: be quiet! Dark Rock 4

Betriebssystem: Windows 10 Home 64 Bit, DE | inkl. A+ Systemstick

You may need to get a PCIe USB 3.0 expansion card with an ASMedia controller chip if you are running AMD platform for Streaming via USB now.