Showcasing HTC VIVE

Jiggles

Hi All,

I am looking at using my personal HTC Vive to promote some 3D portfolio work I have done in a couple of weeks. This means that I will need to share my headset with a bunch of strangers for the day. Does anybody have any tips/recommendations on the best way to do this? Specifically regarding hygiene for users and so that my Vive will still be in one piece by the end of the day.

I only seem to be coming up with promoted stuff from VRcover & i have never seen how HTC demo their products at expo's

We have used VRcovers, although they're not essential. It sort of depends on how active people are going to be during demos.

We use non-alcohol based wipes to wipe down the foam pieces - what VRcovers, er, cover - to keep it relatively sanitary. Also it's smart to 'reset' the headstrap after each use, and then tighten to fit. The biggest problem is usually ensuring the top strap, which helps pull the HMD up and back, is properly fitted.

Let us know how your demos go!

• 4 weeks later...

So the demo went well. Everyone loved the VR experience. Unfortunately found out it was outside in 35deg Celsius Temps... And it still worked well --> that cover did amazingly well!

Thanks again

Archived