Vive Tracker Shipping

gfoxworthy

Just spoke with a customer service representative via chat, who had no idea when trackers will begin shipping (which I suppose I can understand).  Does anybody else here, either with HTC or not, have any clue when they begin shipping?  We have no indication on when it will be - for all I know it could be 3 days... or 6 months.  Doesn't really seem to be any information anywhere, and I would really appreciate some better communication from HTC on this - our company just bought 4 of them.

I also contacted HTC customer support via chat. They have no clue on shipping as they can only see progress once the order has been processed and offered for shipping. Seems they have little information on this issue which is odd as in the order page it states they are in stock.

We're now using our own DIY tracking solution based on the Triad Semi chips but this takes up a significant amount of time in the project. We ordered a few trackers on the 27th and paid extra for express shipping. Order is still in process. Hope they arrive soon. 

As I understand it, demand for Trackers on initial release was higher than expected. Right now we've shipped out the initial orders, and orders after that are being fulfilled in the order they're received, as stock permits.

From what I've heard, re-stocking is in process, but I'll see if I can get a slightly better ideas on timing.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived