Video Passthrough Unity app for VIVE Flow

psychic-yamaguchi

VIVE Flow supports video passthrough with double cliking headset button.
Howerver, it seems that the passthrough feature is not available in Unity code.

WVR_SupportedFeature_PassthroughOverlay returns false on VIVE Flow, but VIVE Focus 3 returns true as expected.

Do I need to do something for the device to unlock the feature?

If thre is anyone who suceeds passthrough feature on VIVE Flow, please let me know.

Best regards,

Masahiro

• Thanks 1

I am no expert on this, but I believe that the Flow uses Wave SDK 4.0 which doesn't support passthrough. I'm assuming this it will receive an update to Wave SDK 4.1 at some point, but there is very little information from the team on future plans for the headset.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Beta_Tester @psychic-yamaguchi
The underlay does not work on the flow right now. I double checked with the latest rom (1.23.8888.02) and 4.2sdk and the sample https://github.com/hardcoded2/WavePassthroughOverlayExample did not seem to work.
My understanding was that flow featureset was initially locked into the earlier 4.0 sdk featureset, and I will try to find out more information as to when this will change.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/22/2021 at 1:37 AM, Alex_HTC said:

@Beta_Tester @psychic-yamaguchi
The underlay does not work on the flow right now. I double checked with the latest rom (1.23.8888.02) and 4.2sdk and the sample https://github.com/hardcoded2/WavePassthroughOverlayExample did not seem to work.
My understanding was that flow featureset was initially locked into the earlier 4.0 sdk featureset, and I will try to find out more information as to when this will change.

Any update on this @Alex_HTC?

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
On 12/7/2021 at 5:45 AM, Beta_Tester said:

I am no expert on this, but I believe that the Flow uses Wave SDK 4.0 which doesn't support passthrough. I'm assuming this it will receive an update to Wave SDK 4.1 at some point, but there is very little information from the team on future plans for the headset.

So can you share more details about it, what is the error you are facing. Then will be able to share my views on it

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2022 at 6:28 PM, Alex_HTC said:

The core team is aware of the request and I'll hear more soon 🙂 With software estimations, it can be difficult to estimate the level of effort from the outside so I'd defer to them to let us know what the expected timeline is.

In the meantime, I'll do some additional digging. @Beta_Tester

Are there any news? Is it possible to use passthrough on the flow?

• 2 months later...

Hello, I'm just checking if is there an update on this? Is it still true that the passthrough camera isn't supported on Vive Flows? I am testing an app that relies on a passthrough camera and the example package above doesn't seem to work. The project builds fine but I'm just getting a black background with a few objects in the vive flow, I assume the passthrough should be running at that point?