Passenger Mode in Focus 3 ?

sn6783

Hi all,

We are trying to migrate our Unity app from Focus to Focus 3.

However, the "out of boundary" message (and the area reset procedure) is quit annoying in Focus 3, which could be solved in the original Focus by turning on passenger mode.

Is there anything similar to passenger mode in Focus 3?

Or in any way the boundary detection could be disable?

Thank you.

@sn6783 - We just recently announced a ton of features such as the ability to disable the out of boundary message https://blog.vive.com/us/2021/11/11/introducing-new-features-vive-focus-3/

I'd recommend contacting your sales contact, or because some of these features are customer-specific roll-outs at the moment.

Some of these features are upcoming, but they don't specifically mention passenger mode.

Are you specifically needing passenger mode, or just the ability to disable the boundary message?

Between the increased play-space and the ability to disable the pop-ups, your problem should be solved. That said, all optically tracked headsets have a maximum volume where you can anchor the SLAM before you start getting unavoidable drift. If you're trying to do a mega arena outside of what's supported, you will hit drift eventually.

• 3 months later...
On 12/10/2021 at 6:03 PM, sn6783 said:

Hi all,

We are trying to migrate our Unity app from Focus to Focus 3.

However, the "out of boundary" message (and the area reset procedure) is quit annoying in Focus 3, which could be solved in the original Focus by turning on passenger mode.

Is there anything similar to passenger mode in Focus 3?

Or in any way the boundary detection could be disable?

Thank you.

Hey,

I'd like to revisit this topic as you may request through the regional sales to try on this. Thanks 

7 hours ago, C.T. said:

Hey,

I'd like to revisit this topic as you may request through the regional sales to try on this. Thanks 

It is not entirely clear whether it is possible to disable border detection or the transition of the helmet to passenger mode at the moment? Or do you propose to make a request to add this functionality to the next firmware version?

3 minutes ago, C.T. said:

нет, они доступны сейчас, но только через региональные продажи. 

Regional sales? What does it mean? I understand when a company manages a business segment device, but I have never heard of a regional seller limiting some functionality. There is some additional settings menu or special firmware. Maybe there are some other hidden features and settings that we don't know about?

2 minutes ago, niil said:

Regional sales? What does it mean? I understand when a company manages a business segment device, but I have never heard of a regional seller limiting some functionality. There is some additional settings menu or special firmware. Maybe there are some other hidden features and settings that we don't know about?

I'll suggest to visit here for your inquire https://www.vive.com/ru/support/contactus/

Thanks