Blury Vive - Tried All Support Help

Trizzytt

I got a vive the other day, i adjusted all the settings, both Adjust the lens distance and Adjust the Interpupillary Distance, I have also tried to change the height in which it sits on my head.

It always seems to be blury, im not sure if there is some system settings i must change? 

Ive tried contacting support, but no reply in over 4 days now.

please help

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello 

Can you post some information about your system? Graphics card, manufacturer (homebuilt or from a particular brand) etc.

Is all content blurry or some and not others? What games have you noticed it the most?

Thanks!

Hi 

Thanks for the reply.

I have: ( HOMEBUILT)

Intel® Core i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz

MSI Gaming 5 Motherboard

16GB HyperX RAM

1060 Asus Turbo boost 6GB GPU

500GB 850 EVO SSD

1TB HDD

Windows 10

and i have tried a few games:

John Wick Chronicles

The Lab

Google Earth VR.

Thank you . Do you notice any other behavior in the games such as dropped frames, lags etc?

Try experimenting with letting the HMD sit slightly higher or lower than the default position you currently have it at and see if you notice improvements (or degradation).  If you notice a sweetspot, that will be where you want to adjust the headstrap to. You may still need to make some tweeks to the IPD and distance adjustments afterwards but they should be minor.

Let me know if that helps.

Ive already tried HMD adjustment, and the IPD distance as i stated in first comment,  but it is still not very clear.

I tried playing it at a GAME shop in the UK and it looked super clear. Im sure they dont keep adjusting everytime a user changes. So i think the issue must be something else? Are there any changes i can do within the software?

Also my game settings are all set High or ultra. anything lower makes it look aweful.

Sorry, my bad. I see where you mentioned the adjustments.  If you go to SteamVR-->Settings-->Developer and look at the Super sampling, what is it set to?  Default is typically 1, you may see a happy spot between 0.8 - 1.2 range (I wouldn't go higher).

Thank you!

Yes i will try do that next, i will have to wait untill tuesday though as im working. I will update you.  Also when i click steam VR it just opens at the bottom, where are the settings located?

Thanks!!

When you launch StemVR you will have a small window that shows HMD, controller, and base station status icons in green.  If you click "SteamVR" on the top left corner a menu pops up that allows you to go to Settings-->Developer and view the super sampling slider. As I mentioned previously you probably will not want to go higher than 1.2 from a quality perspective, but play around with the different settings. Probably wise to close SteamVR and relaunch after each settings change.

Let me know how that goes!

It's been a while ago since I unpacked the vive but did you make sure the was no plastic protectors on the lenses? Do not remember if the lenses had a plastic protectors or was is just the paper covering the lenses. I know the lighthouses had plastic covers as well as the camera on the head set.

Archived