Saving Room Scale Setups.

Can anyone help me is it possible once you have run room scale setup to save the settings so if using the Vive in the same room again you don`t need to carry do it over again. I use my Vive in the same room all the time and I run room setup everytime despite my lighthouse boxes not having moved nor any of the furniture in the room. I would like to just plug in my headset and the system to know what is where without setting up everytime.  Having to run room setup everytime has sort of hindered me from using the Vive as often as I would like.

If I am missing the obvious please let me know would appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

Pogle.

Hey , once you've run room setup, you don't need to run it again - unless the room actually changes (you move furniture around, or move the Vive to a different room).

Are you getting prompted to run room setup at some point?

Thanks very much for your reply Stephen, will make using the Vive much easier, no the system doesn`t ask me to run set up, however as it doesn`t specifially say anywhere that once input it will remain set on next power up I have run it everytime. so next time I start up the system I will just plug it in and go.

Thank you for clarifying that for me. 

You know, , that's a decent point! It doesn't. Maybe something we can correct.

I've run room setup many times during shows, etc and I kind of enjoy it in a weird way (there's something magic about 'measuring' the room space!) but yep, no need to do it unless you've moved your Vive elsewhere. :)

• 4 weeks later...

I am fairly new to the vive (had it a little over a week) but this was one of the first things I wanted to look at.  The reason was that I moved my vive into the living room and back upstairs again and room sizes were different and also the basestation stands I had used werent in the exact same positions.  I came across a third party program called Chaperone Switcher - By Bilago.  I had noticed the vive stores the coords for the chaperone in a cfg file.  All this program does is essentially automate swapping between different configs for different rooms (you could do it manually aswell)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived