Windows 10 on Mac Pro - HTC Vive Pro 2 appears as screen?

vkoester

Hi, everyone,

Has any of you already got an HTC Vive Pro 2 working on a Mac Pro 2019? I installed Bootcamp and failed with the graphics card. I install the driver from AMD for Bootcamp but the Vive console still tells me that the graphics card is not up to date. There is also something displayed on the HTC Vive Pro 2 - but another monitor upside down! However, I would like to have the HTC Vive running not as a monitor but as a VR headset, which jumps to VR content!

Is that problem due to the graphics driver or is it just a matter of setting that the Vive Pro comes as a monitor? Searched for over a week, found nothing and I am close to the end of the return period.

Warm greetings
Valentin

My setup: Mac Pro 2019, 3.5 GHz 8-core Intel Xeon W, 96 GB 2666 MHz DDR4, AMD Radeon Pro 580X 8 GB

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Hi Vallentin!

I have the same MacBook Pro as you. I also have a iMac Pro, a beast, I tryed to do a Bootcamp Windows 10 sollution, and end up with the same issue as you did. Vive Consol tells me to upgrade the grafics cards drivers.

But I thought I could try to do the same on my MacBook till I saw your post. Did you sort the GPU card issue?

Best regards/Klas