Lihthouse Noise

CaTaPulT

Update.......

I changed my lighthouses around since this one noisy lighthouse was starting to make noise all the time (kind of a rumble sound once it was running) and it was getting anoying, so I moved this one to the back of the room and the quiet one to the front of the room.

Before putting the noisy lighthouse on the mount, I gave it a couple of gentle slaps with the palm of my hand. Well, when I powered it up, it was quiet again and stayed that way, almost like I put something back into allingment with those two gentle slaps? Beats me, but so far so good, I'll monitor this lighthouse carefully over the next few days to see if the noise returns.

Here's to keeping my fingers crossed.

Regards: Jack

Update.....

It's been about 6 days since I gently slapped that one noisy lighthouse and I've used my Vive roughly 7 times since then powering up the lighthouses each time (I turn the power off to them when I'm not using VR).....

So far so good, that noisy lighthouse has been quiet since the  two gentle slaps with the palm of my hand. Those slaps really must have put something back into alignment inside the lighthouse. *shrug* but I feel a sense of relief that my lighthouse seems to now be fine! LOL :)

Regards: Jack

• 1 year later...

Hi John,

Our base station is doing something similar, except it is quite when we first start and over the next 20 minutes the sound begins and gets louder and louder.

Tracking becomes bad once the noise gets louder.

Any advice would be appreciated

Archived