Yet another "How to have multiple players in same play area"

Dominique

Hi everyone !

I am asking again how I would be able to setup a VR experience where I would have 2-3 VR Systems in the same space.
For a more complete understanding, this is a description of the wanted setup in Unreal Engine :

1. One Computer (without HMD) that only tracks Vive Tracker 3.0 to represent and manage complex simulations of a 3D object, such as a turret 
  2. One Computer (with HMD) where the player should be able to interact / manipulate the 3D object
  3. One Computer (with HMD) where the player should be able to oversee the other player and be able to lightly interact with the 3D object

Right now I am trying to make work only 1. and 2. together by syncing manually the world position of the vive trackers over network but it doesn't work as expected.
When I tried to copy and past the config files (chaperone and lighthousedb), the vr player did not have correct distance with the 3d model.
I'm not sure if I did everythin right, I have some experience in 3d graphics but 3d engine and gameplay is very recent stuff for me.

I also read something about LBE but I didn't understand what it is ?

Thanks in advance !

Here are some links i have already found and didn't help :

SteamVR has implemented a bunch of error correction methodologies within the last year which actually makes a chaperone file dynamic - SteamVR now makes adjustments to the file at run-time without the user being aware of the changes which makes co-presence VR rather tricky (we have a tool for arcades that attempts to restrict these changes). 

• 1 month later...
On 3/16/2022 at 9:43 PM, Dominique said:

Hi everyone !

I am asking again how I would be able to setup a VR experience where I would have 2-3 VR Systems in the same space.
For a more complete understanding, this is a description of the wanted setup in Unreal Engine :

1. One Computer (without HMD) that only tracks Vive Tracker 3.0 to represent and manage complex simulations of a 3D object, such as a turret 
  2. One Computer (with HMD) where the player should be able to interact / manipulate the 3D object
  3. One Computer (with HMD) where the player should be able to oversee the other player and be able to lightly interact with the 3D object

Right now I am trying to make work only 1. and 2. together by syncing manually the world position of the vive trackers over network but it doesn't work as expected.
When I tried to copy and past the config files (chaperone and lighthousedb), the vr player did not have correct distance with the 3d model.
I'm not sure if I did everythin right, I have some experience in 3d graphics but 3d engine and gameplay is very recent stuff for me.

Thanks in advance !

SteamVR has implemented a bunch of error correction methodologies within the last year which actually makes a chaperone file dynamic - SteamVR now makes adjustments to the file at run-time without the user being aware of the changes which makes co-presence VR rather tricky (we have a tool for arcades that attempts to restrict these changes). 

Following for the solution of same problem. Anyone knows the solution kindly help

On 3/16/2022 at 5:43 PM, Dominique said:

Hi everyone !

Thanks in advance !

Hello,

I'm interested as well by this problem.

It feels like solutions for this exist to correct auto-calibration of mutltiple devices, but can't find any in-depth solution.

Rorayn.

Most of Vive Focus 3's previously announced advanced LBE/enterprise settings are currently available - but VIVE is offering them as site/customer specific customization services. They're asking you to contact your enterprise sales contact, or to reach out via https://business.vive.com/

The most recent feature to ship was support for arUco marker-based calibration.

@Rorayn@Hlander

@Dominique - SteamVR still doesn't have a great solution for co-location or driving multiple devices off a shared set of basestations.

If you are building your own app - you can create your own calibration process to try to circumnavigate the lack of a good tracking co-location solution on SteamVR. You'd create a calibration process within your app where you have one or several "control points" within your environment that you calibrate your tracked object (controller/prop/headset) to which can align multiple . You can represent the locations of the control points in your environment with a physical marker such as a sticker or environmental art.

If you're licensing an app, your limited to what the application supports but can use things like OpenVR advanced settings to try and dial the playspace in within the headset.