Trackpad getting stuck moving in one direction for games that use it for movement

Malov

I have been playing the FPS games like "Bullets and More" or Pavlov which use the trackpad for moving. I have been having frequent issues where it seems like the controller loses sync for a split second then when it syncs again I'm stuck moving in whatever direction the trackpad was held on. To fix the issue I need to turn off the controller that is stuck and turn it back on. I have been on the game forums and other players do experience the same issues as me so it must be an issue with the Vive controler configuration. Does anyone know a fix for this? I think it has something to do with how these trackpads are programed to operate because they need to function like a thumbstick for these games and not a directional pad but there is no central axas for the trackpad to bounce back to like a thumbstick. Any help would be great thanks.

It is just the input that is getting stuck not the physical button. After turning off the controller it goes away for a little while but it comes back a lot. It happens with both of my controllers too.

Try this:

Reset the controller

If the controller is not behaving as expected, it’s having pairing issues or it’s having tracking issues, resetting it will update the status of the controller and will allow it to be set up again.

1. Power off the controller.
  2. While holding [Grip] + [Touchpad] + [Menu buttons], plug the controller to the PC via USB.
  3. Continue holding until the PC recognizes the controller as a USB drive (a sound will be made on the computer).
  4. Release the buttons and then unplug the controller.

Thanks,

-John C

• 11 months later...

Hi John. I've had this same issue for a long time. I made a post about it here: https://www.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/8k106c/direction_often_stuck_with_touch_to_move/

"This is nothing new for me, but it happens to me often. I'll touch my left thumb on the trackpad (not press) to move, pull it off (even inches above), and I'll keep moving in that direction until I touch somewhere else on the trackpad. It happens in many games. Today, it was happening a lot in Skyrim. Yesterday, it was happening in Compound. This has been happening for as long as I can remember (had Vive since launch), and I've just put up with it. Is this normal or indicative of a controller problem? Is there a fix?"

Other people said they have the same issue in that post.

Archived