HTC wireless

DMAN_123

But which is it going to be?

TPCast or Display Link Xr? - Are we not talking about 2 different potential solutions?

And just how is the last one going to fit on the new Deluxe Audio Head strap? It sits where the thightening-knob is...?

They are variations on similar technology. It will be up to consumers to select which solution works best for their specific situation. We're a very open and agnostic development platform and are working with numerous teams to generate a range of solutions that together help drive forward innovation in immersive tech. We're stoked to have Intel bringing their expertise to the table to help us kick-start the wireless revolution.

I can confirm that the DAS  is compatibled with the Intel prototype at this time (and thus the consumer version will likely be as well). I'm not 100% sure if the knob access is occluded but everyone I've asked about it said it wasn't an issue. 

wrote:

But which is it going to be?

TPCast or Display Link Xr? - Are we not talking about 2 different potential solutions?

At least two. Right now I like the Display Link based on the (almost no) information I have except for a couple pictures and a video. No separate battery on the Display Link, which is amazing considering the HMD has to get its power there, too. I'd like to know projected run-time and charge time. Also, I don't know price. If we're talking $200, I'm in. Higher than that, I start getting cold feet.

Just happen to run across

. It's  from CES.

Relevant to the discussion here, it says TPCast uses line of sight, optical llink for the HDMI, and a separate RF link for the USB. 

I also says the stock battery they are planning to ship has a two-hour life and they also have a five-hour optional pack.

It also say the latency is 1-2ms and it felt just like playing the game hardwired.

Line of sight precludes my goal of being able to take the HMD 30 feet down the hall to bed or downstairs to the recliner to watch a movie. Guess I'll be holding out for the Intel unit.

Archived