eyeglasses

Supersotamies

Thanks Jack, 

I have already printed a set of frame guards thta I found on a maker site, they fit very well. All I have to do is edit the STL file to fit whatever lenses that I use. I might use the VR-Lens Lab lenses but as I mentioned; they seem a bit blurry to me compared to my own perscription glasses. Maybe this is on purpose though; to slightly blur the screen door effect.

Hi Miles.

My VR Lens Lab inserts (with RABS and BluGuard) made things really clear for me in my Vive thus in a way enhancing the SDE (if you look for it).

The sweet spot for myself is fairly small in the Vive but it is very clear, it's a matter of getting the headset on your head just right (up and down on your face and also up or down tilt) until that sweet spot is just right and stays there. I'm having trouble with the Deluxe Audio Strap at getting to that sweet spot and having it stay there without cranking that adjustment knob to the point of discomfort by having it too tight on my face. I guess I have a oddly shaped head! LOL.

What I do to check for focus (since the Vive visual adjustment for the IPD isn't very good), I use the SteamVR menu (not home) and look at the text in the list of games, I try getting the ones straight ahead of where I'm looking to be as clear as possible when adjusting the IPD and also the placement of the Vive on my head and face.

Regards: Jack

My lenses from VR Lens Lab do not seem blurry. They seem like exactly what I ordered. I left off a bit of the spherical correction from my prescription because my vision seemed pretty good in the HMD even without glasses.

I have been using them for almost eight months now and they are great. I pop them out if somebody else is to use the HMD. For remove/replace, I find it easiest to rotate the Vive controls so the lenses are at maximum distance from the eye.

Incidentally, after I ordered mine on January 11 I received a detailed receipt from VR Lens Lab listing everything about my order, "HTC Vive Lens Inserts ( Orderart: VR-Adapter with Lenses, VR-Lens: Prescription Lens (+€29), Shape: HTC Vive" including all details of the prescription. I received another receipt from Paypal. Maybe your junk mail filter caught your receipts, Miles.

I don't really notice the screen door effect anymore unless I focus up close intentionally. I guess I have just learned to ignore it. I do look forward to future generations of VR hardware when they solve that. That, and the big, cumbersome, power-sucking, heat-generating HMD.

Hi Martin.

VR Lens Lab seem to have stopped sending out emails, all I got from the various orders I've done through them was get the paypal email. I have to go to VR Lens Lab's website, log in to my account there and look at my orders and their progress from there. Yes, it would be nice if they would still email order information instead of having to go look for it.

Regards: Jack

Archived