Cosmos: How to access controller battery level?

OneNightBlitz

You should be able to listen for the event.  I think there are several different battery events you can get access to.  The Wave.Essence.Events has this api but I think there are others in the legacy plugin.

SystemEvent.Listen(WVR_EventType.WVR_EventType_BatteryPercentageUpdate, OnBatteryEvent);

15 hours ago, JoeJ said:

You should be able to listen for the event.  I think there are several different battery events you can get access to.  The Wave.Essence.Events has this api but I think there are others in the legacy plugin.

SystemEvent.Listen(WVR_EventType.WVR_EventType_BatteryPercentageUpdate, OnBatteryEvent);

15 hours ago, JoeJ said:

Here is another API I just ran across that looks a bit easier:  Interop.WVR_GetDeviceBatteryPercentage(WVR_DeviceType.WVR_DeviceType_HMD);

I tried both of these. The former keeps throwing me errors regarding a missing wave_api.dll regardless if the DLL is in the Assets folder or not. The latter just returns the value of 1 for any device type I use as a parameter.

I feel like the GetDeviceBatteryPercentage Interop is not meant for either Cosmos or PCVR. Are there other methods I can try?

10 hours ago, OneNightBlitz said:

I feel like the GetDeviceBatteryPercentage Interop is not meant for either Cosmos or PCVR. Are there other methods I can try?

I have used the eventing api on Native Focus3 apps only and I do get battery events but there are other events I have always thought I should see but do not.  It seems like they would have support on Cosmos for something this simple but perhaps they have not added support for that device type in the SDK.  

On 7/13/2022 at 8:05 AM, JoeJ said:

I have used the eventing api on Native Focus3 apps only and I do get battery events but there are other events I have always thought I should see but do not.  It seems like they would have support on Cosmos for something this simple but perhaps they have not added support for that device type in the SDK.  

@JoeJ I suspect something like WVR_GetDeviceBatteryPercentage is something along the right lines?

https://hub.vive.com/storage/docs/en-us/WVR_GetDeviceBatteryPercentage.html