Wifi MAC address changes after FW update

Fil

Hello,

Is there any way to prevent the headset from changing the Wifi MAC Address after each Firmware update?

Our wifi at the business uses MAC Adress filtering. We needs to whitelist the new MAC address after each update.

Thanks for your reply. I know, that we need to set to "Use device MAC Address" in the connection settings.

The problem is that the device wifi MAC address is changing after each update. So the fixed IP is not the same anymore and it gets rejected by the MAC address filter.

Edited by Fil

38 minutes ago, Fil said:

Thanks for your reply. I know, that we need to set to "Use device MAC Address" in the connection settings.

The problem is that the device wifi MAC address is changing after each update. So the fixed IP is not the same anymore and it gets rejected by the MAC address filter.

I'm not sure if it is an issue or not, coz I'm not seeing my mac address changing with the update. 
Do you have any logs or anything that I can ask teams to investigate? 

I'm 100% sure that the MAC Address is changing.

We need to whitelist it in the Wifi MAC Filter in our Corporate Guest WIFI in order to access the Internet.

I already needed to rewhitelist the device twice with a new MAC Address because the address had changed. I supposed then that it was after each update (but it could possibly happen after a certain amount of time, I'm not completly sure about this point).

A MAC Address change is a big issue for a business device.

On 7/29/2022 at 5:39 PM, Fil said:

I'm 100% sure that the MAC Address is changing.

We need to whitelist it in the Wifi MAC Filter in our Corporate Guest WIFI in order to access the Internet.

I already needed to rewhitelist the device twice with a new MAC Address because the address had changed. I supposed then that it was after each update (but it could possibly happen after a certain amount of time, I'm not completly sure about this point).

A MAC Address change is a big issue for a business device.

Sounded weird, as if you have chanaged the setting from Randomized MAC to Device MAC, it shouldn't be changing anymore even software update. 
Unless that setting was locked somehow or the device config (COTA) has been reapplied again each time you update the device. 

Would you be able to submit a log for me via settings? or email me at (VIVE_CT at HTC.COM)

For info: The setting "privacy" where I can change from randomized MAC to Device MAC is specific for each Wifi network, it is not a general setting of the headset. 

How can I get the logs from the headset?

8 minutes ago, Fil said:

For info: The setting "privacy" where I can change from randomized MAC to Device MAC is specific for each Wifi network, it is not a general setting of the headset. 

How can I get the logs from the headset?

here, please refer to this post.
and yes, we thought about that too, we will have internal study to see how to make it general. 

Thanks, I reported the issue. As soon as I get a copy per mail (I assume I will get it), I can transfer the logs to you.

For Info: This is not important to have this setting valid for all networks or not. The important aspect is to have the "static" headset MAC address remaining the same over time/over update.