Vive Business Streaming 1.09.6 - Beta Release notes

C.T.

On 9/28/2022 at 11:07 PM, C.T. said:
  • Supports OpenXR vive_focus3_controller profile.
    • OpenXR developers can now develop with vive_focus3_controller interaction profile to run with SteamVR Runtime on VBS and Focus 3. Uncheck Compatibility mode in Settings > Input > Controller to enable.
  • Provides OpenXR API layer register in Settings > Advanced.

Can you clarify what this means for practical use? If I enable OpenXR extensions for VBS, and also disable the "Compatibility Mode" in the Input section, where will I see that effects of that? Any demos/examples you might recommend?

Edited by jefmes

As I understand it, now VBS sends a picture at a resolution less than native when using the QUALITY profile. Are there any improvements planned for this part? Is it possible to add a separate profile with native resolution for content that is not critical to delays

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 9:38 AM, C.T. said:

@seb87Do you mean that the installer refuse to install VBS program on your PC? or it used to work okay but refused to update it to the latest version?

It refuse to update with the latest version.

I tried :

1) Downloading from your website : It install 1.08.8, (i tried again this morning) that's why I asked if it is the latest release package.

2) From VBS, by clicking the button "find latest release" and keep saying I have the latest one. (which is 1.08.8)

What can I do?

many thanks in advance

On 10/15/2022 at 6:54 PM, seb87 said:

It refuse to update with the latest version.

I tried :

1) Downloading from your website : It install 1.08.8, (i tried again this morning) that's why I asked if it is the latest release package.

2) From VBS, by clicking the button "find latest release" and keep saying I have the latest one. (which is 1.08.8)

What can I do?

many thanks in advance

Just to make sure. Did you switch on "Beta program"?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Suprim Pink said:

Just to make sure. Did you switch on "Beta program"?

Thank you very much! Indeed, I forgot to activate "beta program", I'm able to download the latest beta version. Sorry for this mistake.

On 10/10/2022 at 4:03 AM, niil said:

As I understand it, now VBS sends a picture at a resolution less than native when using the QUALITY profile. Are there any improvements planned for this part? Is it possible to add a separate profile with native resolution for content that is not critical to delays

One more vote for this, I have a Wifi 6E network and would love to be sending at 2448 x 2448 on Quality, add another option for "Ultra Quality" that allows those of us with the right hardware to send at that resolution?

1 hour ago, jefmes said:

One more vote for this, I have a Wifi 6E network and would love to be sending at 2448 x 2448 on Quality, add another option for "Ultra Quality" that allows those of us with the right hardware to send at that resolution?

"Ultra Quality" seems like a good name, any other votes?  😄 

• Like 1