Vive Business Streaming 1.09.6 - Beta Release notes

C.T.

VIVE Business Streaming - 1.09.6 - Beta Release Notes
Released September 29, 2022

Console - 1.09.6

• Redesigned PC Console UI for upcoming features updates.
  • Supports OpenXR vive_focus3_controller profile.
    • OpenXR developers can now develop with vive_focus3_controller interaction profile to run with SteamVR Runtime on VBS and Focus 3. Uncheck Compatibility mode in Settings > Input > Controller to enable.
  • Provides OpenXR API layer register in Settings > Advanced.
  • Provides correct icon to SteamVR monitor when connected with VIVE Wrist Tracker to show the correct style.
  • Restores SteamVR background to customized background when exiting Vive Business Streaming session.

Client - 1.0.12.11 (Please connect Focus 3 to PC via USB to update)

• Supports 120Hz eye gaze data frequency when connected with Eye tracker for VIVE Focus 3.

Notes:

• Eye expression supports is coming soon.

I still have the same issue that with 1.08 and 1.09.4 : VBS Console freeze some seconds after startup.
Streaming working but the console is completly stuck.

It make this on all my PC ... Even one a new PC with just unboxed with just Steam VR + VBS (Alienware X15 - 3080 Ti - Windows 11 Pro)

On 9/29/2022 at 8:07 AM, C.T. said:

VIVE Business Streaming - 1.09.6 - Beta Release Notes
Released September 29, 2022

Console - 1.09.6

• Redesigned PC Console UI for upcoming features updates.
  • Supports OpenXR vive_focus3_controller profile.
    • OpenXR developers can now develop with vive_focus3_controller interaction profile to run with SteamVR Runtime on VBS and Focus 3. Uncheck Compatibility mode in Settings > Input > Controller to enable.
  • Provides OpenXR API layer register in Settings > Advanced.
  • Provides correct icon to SteamVR monitor when connected with VIVE Wrist Tracker to show the correct style.
  • Restores SteamVR background to customized background when exiting Vive Business Streaming session.

Client - 1.0.12.11 (Please connect Focus 3 to PC via USB to update)

• Supports 120Hz eye gaze data frequency when connected with Eye tracker for VIVE Focus 3.

Notes:

• Eye expression supports is coming soon.

Sweet update works okay but sometimes I do get an encoding error where the image smears out and the client on headset needs to be restarted, sometimes the PC app its 50/50. Overencoding error? Issue persist with that the sharpening needs to be 100% or else the image is smeared. 

2 hours ago, Jerome-F said:

I still have the same issue that with 1.08 and 1.09.4 : VBS Console freeze some seconds after startup.
Streaming working but the console is completly stuck.

It make this on all my PC ... Even one a new PC with just unboxed with just Steam VR + VBS (Alienware X15 - 3080 Ti - Windows 11 Pro)

No background programs running? Mine usually does this if I have the LG software installed or razer forced their software in. 

29 minutes ago, niil said:

I can also confirm a complete freeze on the first start of the vbs. When the process is terminated through the manager and restarted, the problem goes away.

Same as above any background things? 

4 minutes ago, GhostPsi said:

Sweet update works okay but sometimes I do get an encoding error where the image smears out and the client on headset needs to be restarted, sometimes the PC app its 50/50. Overencoding error? Issue persist with that the sharpening needs to be 100% or else the image is smeared. 

No background programs running? Mine usually does this if I have the LG software installed or razer forced their software in. 

Same as above any background things? 

No other program Running, stop all as I can, as Nii said I can make it works when I kill Console process then relaunch but for me I may need 6 to 10 times try of kill/relaunch to make it works correctly

Hi C.T

I work for a university where we are deploying, as a test, 10 focus 3 for students.

I discovered many issues since the begining of our tests probably related to STEAM, STEAM VR, VBS eco system. But working in VR, since +8years, I know how it is ;)

So the point is, as Vive Business Streaming stay frozen and refuse to update on my brand new laptop, could you please update the package available on your website please? Or do you wait the official next release?  (it is 1.8.08 instead of the latest version) I already reboot and killed many time everthing via my console but did not work for me.

Many thanks in advance