VBS native resolution streaming.

thedrone

Hi,

Do the next generation GPU's (4090, 7900XTX) offer sufficiently fast H.265 encoding to unlock native resolution streaming through Vive Business Streaming? And is the XR2 capable of decoding the signal quickly enough? If so, is this something we can look forward to in the near future or are we currently maxed out? I understand the XR2 doesn't offer AV1 encoding, which is unfortunate.

Thanks!

On 11/4/2022 at 1:12 PM, niil said:

I join the question. Are you working on adding a native resolution profile? Perhaps in beta status for applications that do not require low latency and high frame rates.

I asked C.T and they are getting a 4090 on loan from nvidia this week so they are looking into what they can do with it, else the hack is still there with changing the .json file in C:\ProgramData\HTC\ViveSoftware\ViveRR\RRServer(Qualitypreset)

9 hours ago, GhostPsi said:

I asked C.T and they are getting a 4090 on loan from nvidia this week so they are looking into what they can do with it, else the hack is still there with changing the .json file in C:\ProgramData\HTC\ViveSoftware\ViveRR\RRServer(Qualitypreset)

Interesting! I'm aware of the little config hack and I've tried it before on my 2080Ti. Image looked great, but it wasn't stable (presumably due to the encoder reaching its limits). It also felt a little laggier than I'd like. If the 4090 solves this, I might have to upgrade -begrudgingly- after all.

On 11/7/2022 at 9:37 PM, thedrone said:

Interesting! I'm aware of the little config hack and I've tried it before on my 2080Ti. Image looked great, but it wasn't stable (presumably due to the encoder reaching its limits). It also felt a little laggier than I'd like. If the 4090 solves this, I might have to upgrade -begrudgingly- after all.

As said above, C.T and the team got a 4090 on loan from Nvidia so hopefully we can get a extreme mode. For example I run 3072x3072 but then I also have a U6 enterprise + 4090, you can double check if you hit encoder maximum but I think max for me with a 3080 was 2662x2662