Small Room - games out of play area

Wirefox

I'm with VNeb. I had the same thought.

Let's concentrate on one game: the one in "The Lab" where you're defending the castle with Bow & Arrow.

After I run room setup successfully, it shows me the size of my play area and the orientation on the screen with a big green square with a big arrow in it. If I am lucky, I may get 2.5m x 2.5m for example.

When I go into TheLab, there are all the different experiments sitting around. I teleport right next to the one with the Bow & Arrow, grab the magic globe and put it on my head. When I re-appear I am a few feet away from the miniature castle model. I teleport right to the edge of the model, as close as I can get, so that I can grab the little mini-me. When I do, next I come to in the parapet (?) overlooking the area to defend. I am right near the edge, or maybe a foot back, where I need to be standing to see over the wall to defend the castle.

I grab the bow with my left and an arrow with my right and I shoot the guy with the O flag to start the game. I don't have to move to grab the bow - I just bend over and it is reachable on my left. I don't move very much from that position except to turn while shooting. I don't usually see my chaperone bounds unless I walk to the Replay button or move closer to the wall on the right to get a better shot at an invader.

I think I'm usually about in the center of my play area when I start, because I align myself there before I start any games (using the lines in the big Vive dome, "This is Real") then I teleport everywhere.

Thanks for the help.  my space is about 8ft x 5.5ft or 2.4m x 1.6m.  which fits the minium specs

on the labs bow game, I can reach the bow.. but practically touch the wall to do so.  I am playing facing one of the longer rectangle sides

I can barely reach the flame (behind me to the left... and the right flame is way out of reach)

It maybe the shorter sides of the rectangle need to really be 2m or something. 

kind of frustrating :/

Thanks for the help.  my space is about 8ft x 5.5ft or 2.4m x 1.6m.  which fits the minium specs

on the labs bow game, I can reach the bow.. but practically touch the wall to do so.  I am playing facing one of the longer rectangle sides

I can barely reach the flame (behind me to the left... and the right flame is way out of reach)

It maybe the shorter sides of the rectangle need to really be 2m or something. 

kind of frustrating :/

Archived