Vive XR Elite Comfort Issues

Beta_Tester

Hello, I received my new headset today and have been checking it out.

Unfortunately I am finding it difficult to wear the headset as the face gasket keeps on coming loose (from the bottom). I don't have a particularly prominent forehead but the angle that I need to position the battery cradle for a clear image causes the issues.

I'd need a different face gasket which has more depth below the eyes, which should stop it working loose. Is there such an item yet @C.T.?

I have logged this issue with support.

Edited by Beta_Tester

6 hours ago, Beta_Tester said:

Hello, I received my new headset today and have been checking it out.

Unfortunately I am finding it difficult to wear the headset as the face gasket keeps on coming loose (from the bottom). I don't have a particularly prominent forehead but the angle that I need to position the battery cradle for a clear image causes the issues.

I'd need a different face gasket which has more depth below the eyes, which should stop it working loose. Is there such an item yet @C.T.?

I have logged this issue with support.

Hey mate, 

Can you check this artical first to see if the face gasket is locked in place? 
https://www.vive.com/us/support/vive-xr/category_howto/removing-and-reattaching-face-cushion.html

"this click is enssential"
image.png.fe9bd2415a64a9d6b7fed2ec91e9816c.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ya, I found after fitting the gasket over the lens I just needed to press in the plastic over the light sensor cutout and it clicked into place.  Then it stayed on very well.  Before that, it was falling off every time I took it off, lol!

7 hours ago, C.T. said:

Hey mate, 

Can you check this artical first to see if the face gasket is locked in place? 
https://www.vive.com/us/support/vive-xr/category_howto/removing-and-reattaching-face-cushion.html

"this click is enssential"
image.png.fe9bd2415a64a9d6b7fed2ec91e9816c.png

Brilliant. I had read through that article before and I hadn't appreciated that you need to apply quite a bit of pressure to get the click.

It might be worth getting the article updated to emphasise that.

Now that's sorted, I'll have a proper go after work...if I can wait that long.

• Like 1