XR Elite - Population One

Clay

Hello,

i just want to buy the XR Elite but have one Question before. How is it to play PCVR-Games with it (fast games like Population One)? Right now I've got a Valve Index and a Pico4. With Valve it is no Problem (but the Index is very old), with the Pico4 is it not possible to play PCVR-Games (Soundbugs).

Is anybody here, who can tell me with his experiences about the XR Elite? (This is important for me, before i buy it)

Thanks!

Clay

• Like 1

I currently have problems with streaming over Wi-Fi, which I'm in contact with support to resolve. But seeing that this still has no answer, I wanted to give you at least the information I can.
My general experience with PCVR(USB streaming only) was great. While not having played Population One specifically, I personally had no problem with faster games and overall a good experience.
The only thing you should, may think about, is that this is not a headset made for PCVR, it's an XR Headset that can run PCVR. If you're only interested in PCVR games and the XR and standalone capability are just an additional gimmick to you, you may be better off with something else.
But I can say, even while currently having some issues, I'm absolutely happy with the XR-Elite and can't wait for more software actually harnessing the true potential of it. 

I am unable to stream when connecting the USB C to the battery pack and the battery pack to the headset. I have to bypass the battery pack and plug in the accessory cable (the one that comes in the box is too short) to the headset itself. The weight of the attachment on the accessory cable pulls down on the right side of my face. 

I am hoping they are going to fix this. It will not allow me to select USB streaming when going through the pack. 

Plugin in to the battery pack works perfectly fine for me. I just bought a USB C 3.2 Gen2X2 cable, and it was a great experience.
As a software developer, my technical guess would be that there is not enough power behind the signal reaching the battery pack, but just enough to work directly plugged in.

You could check if both your cable, and the port you're using are designed for high power.

And, I'm pretty sure, VIVE can help you to resolve this next week. Technical support really helped me so far.