The official passthrough case failed to be used

JinZhou

I refer to the official documentation:

Passthrough - Developer Resources (vive.com)

Use unity 2021.3.24. The following error occurs:

CompositionLayerPassthroughAPI HTC_Passthrough feature instance not found.
UnityEngine.Debug:LogError (object)
Wave.OpenXR.Toolkit.CompositionLayer.Passthrough.CompositionLayerPassthroughAPI:ERROR (string) (at Library/PackageCache/com.htc.upm.wave.openxr.toolkit@1.0.5/Runtime/CompositionLayer/Scripts/CompositionLayerPassthroughAPI.cs:16)
Wave.OpenXR.Toolkit.CompositionLayer.Passthrough.CompositionLayerPassthroughAPI:CreatePlanarPassthrough (Wave.OpenXR.CompositionLayer.LayerType,Wave.OpenXR.CompositionLayer.Passthrough.ViveCompositionLayerPassthrough/OnPassthroughSessionDestroyDelegate,single,uint) (at Library/PackageCache/com.htc.upm.wave.openxr.toolkit@1.0.5/Runtime/CompositionLayer/Scripts/CompositionLayerPassthroughAPI.cs:60)
PassthroughReal:Start () (at Assets/Scripts/PassthroughReal.cs:12)

• How can I solve it?

Hi Tony PH Lin,

Thank you for your reply.

I installed the documentation step started the “VIVE Focus 3 Composition Layer (Passthrough)” and “VIVE Focus 3 Composition Layer” extensions concurrently.

The downloaded version is the same as the tutorial.

But don't know why this happens.

May I have your email address? I can send you pictures to check the problem more intuitively

Hi @JinZhou,

From your description and attached photos, you use OpenXR Mobile version running on PCVR (Vive Pro 2) so it can't be workable.

Because it requires runtime level to provide passthrough, and Vive Pro 2 use SteamVR runtime so it's not supported.

You can use OpenXR Mobile version with passthrough on Vive Focus series, and also Vive XR Elite.

Thanks.