How to make passthrough work for XR Elite?

arbh

I am trying to use the XR Elite's color passthrough to build an AR demo but cannot get it to work. I have configured my project according to the documentation and have added the Wave Rig to an empty scene. The project runs fine with direct preview and everything works except the passthrough. 

I am following the instructions in this tutorial: https://hub.vive.com/storage/app/doc/en-us/UnityXR/UnityXRPassthrough.html

I created a new script where I set the "Interop.WVR_ShowPassthroughUnderlay" to true in the start function and the script is attached to the camera in the Wave Rig gameobject. Still, I only see a black screen when the app runs. I tried running the example scene for passthrough in Samples - Essence in the XR plugin but again I get a back screen instead of the camera feed.

Any help is appreciated!

Hi @chengnay,

Yes, I did but I still get the same result. I see the following warning in Unity, maybe it is relevant: "OnRenderImage() possibly didn't write anything to the destination texture! UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)"

The project is running on Android.

Hi @arbh,

Could you list the version of plugins(Unity Editor, SDK, ...etc) that you are using?

On 6/16/2023 at 5:53 PM, arbh said:

OnRenderImage() possibly didn't write anything to the destination texture! UnityEngine.GUIUtility:ProcessEvent (int,intptr,bool&)

Are you running it using Direct Preview?

Hi @chengnay,

I am using Unity Editor 2021.3.25f1 and Vive Wave SDK 5.3.0-r.26.1

Yes, I am running it using Direct Preview. I just tested and when I build an APK and install it on the device, the passthrough works but it does not work using Direct Preview.