The status lamp is slowly flickering red.

Y.Matsuda

I am developing a game using several XR ELITEs.
- All XR ELITEs are used in ophthalmic mode.
- All mobile batteries support PD60W.
- Software version is 1.3.999.322. (Beta)

Currently, 3 of the 4 XR ELITEs on hand are behaving erratically.

The biggest problem is the frequent occurrence of "boundary lost".
The "boundary lost" occurs even during a few minutes of experience and does not go away even after turning the power back on, requiring the play area to be reconfigured.

The three unstable XR ELITEs all have a status light that is slowly flickering red.
The one XR ELITE that is relatively stable has a white status light.

[Question.]
- What does the red flicker of the status light indicate?
- Is there any way to get rid of the red flickering of the status light?

If my device is malfunctioning, I would like to arrange for a repair and replacement as soon as possible.
I hope to receive a reply as soon as possible.

I left XR_ELITE for a day and it improved a little.
Also, when I quit the beta program and used the public version 1.0.999.350, the play area was automatically re-searched.

We will continue to test this in the future.

Note that we received a response from HTC that the red flicker of the status light indicates pass-through mode.

19 hours ago, Y.Matsuda said:

I left XR_ELITE for a day and it improved a little.
Also, when I quit the beta program and used the public version 1.0.999.350, the play area was automatically re-searched.

We will continue to test this in the future.

Note that we received a response from HTC that the red flicker of the status light indicates pass-through mode.

The latest beta version for depth sensor MR room setup is 1.3.999.352, which is basically the same as 1.0.999.350. Feel free to opt in to the beta version. It also have the same tracking improvements. 
If the LED indicator is breathing red, it means the passthrough camera is being activated. Unfortunately, this is a privacy matter and cannot be turned off.

Thank you for your reply.
The color of the LED indicator is not related to this symptom and may be caused by overheating of the device or deterioration of the mobile battery.

I had ignored 1.3.999.352 because the release notes did not exist and an error occurred when I tried to download it.