Oculus Quest 2 apk stop working

Hi, I am working cross-platform with Oculus Quest 2 and Vive Focus 3. I am not using OpenXR, and I am not planning to use it at the moment.

I've been switching back and forth between XR Plug-in Management Plug-in Providers to Oculus and WaveXR when I built for corresponding APK, and it worked until recently. 

Suddenly, the Oculus APK has a problem when loaded into Quest 2 headset. I am able to see the app. However, I only see the still image. I cannot rotate the headset; the still image will keep displaying on the screen when I move my head. I am not sure what is causing this issue suddenly.

I deleted AndroidManifest on Plugin > Android > AndroidManifest

I tried so many things, such as comparing player setting with another app, loading to different Quest 2 headsets, creating different project in Unity and testing it, etc.

Does anyone have similar problem? How can I resolve this issue?

On 7/7/2023 at 1:35 PM, 1099 said:

Hi, I am working cross-platform with Oculus Quest 2 and Vive Focus 3. I am not using OpenXR, and I am not planning to use it at the moment.

I've been switching back and forth between XR Plug-in Management Plug-in Providers to Oculus and WaveXR when I built for corresponding APK, and it worked until recently. 

Suddenly, the Oculus APK has a problem when loaded into Quest 2 headset. I am able to see the app. However, I only see the still image. I cannot rotate the headset; the still image will keep displaying on the screen when I move my head. I am not sure what is causing this issue suddenly.

I deleted AndroidManifest on Plugin > Android > AndroidManifest

I tried so many things, such as comparing player setting with another app, loading to different Quest 2 headsets, creating different project in Unity and testing it, etc.

Does anyone have similar problem? How can I resolve this issue?

#apk #androidmanifest #unity #quest 2 #oculus #vive #focus

@1099Currently, the oculus loader uses non-standard modifications and is incompatible with all other openxr platforms. This is slowly being addressed in the openxr spec. For you, means that devs need to make sure to disable the oculus extension, open unity, and enable our extension otherwise the non-standard openxr loader remains in use.
And make sure that the oculus post-processing android manifest extensions aren't getting executed, which happened for a lot of the older versions of the plugin, which can be resolved by removing the oculus package from the package manager as well.
I believe the opposite may be true as well, so typically i would keep different platforms on different branches.