XR Elite Comfort Hacks?

VAR Systems

I absolutely love this headset ... I think it has the most clarity I have ever seen threw a virtual headset.

However, it is the most UNCOMFORTABLE HEAD SET EVER. It is leaving a red line across my forehead from all the forehead press where the hard wire is digging into my skull.

Meanwhile the Focus 3 is the most comfortable headset I have ever put on ... So I have to ask... where is the cushion!!!!

If I use it for longer than 10 minutes im going to face a massive headache on my forehead from the pressure and the wire pressing against it. Leaves a big red mark.

Has anyone figured out a hack to make the XR Elite wearable? I mean I can't believe the face gasket is made of hard wire with nothing soft around it. 

Hope someone important reads this, would pay $100 for cushion.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

The best comfort "hack" I know of is buying the brand new Mixed Reality Face plate. I just got it yesterday and it is vastly more comfortable than the original VR Face gasket that it came with. I could probably wear the MR Face plate all day without an issue. It even works in glasses mode without the battery pack attached, and while it does seem like it could slip off your face without the battery support behind your head, it stays on fine for normal VR use. For MR use at my desk, I might just put an eye glass strap on the ear pieces so if it does slip it won't fall. I could then hop out of MR and the real world, where I need to put my glass back on, very easily. 

My original face gasket never really stayed on properly. It magnetically attaches but it doesn't seem to click into anything. If the headset shifts up or down at all the original gasket slips off it's magnetic mounts. I really hope that they make a new VR gasket design based on the MR version. In the meantime, I might try and make a little shroud to fit around the MR gasket for more comfortable VR use. 

On 9/16/2023 at 9:34 PM, SuperGrover said:

The best comfort "hack" I know of is buying the brand new Mixed Reality Face plate. I just got it yesterday and it is vastly more comfortable than the original VR Face gasket that it came with. I could probably wear the MR Face plate all day without an issue. It even works in glasses mode without the battery pack attached, and while it does seem like it could slip off your face without the battery support behind your head, it stays on fine for normal VR use. For MR use at my desk, I might just put an eye glass strap on the ear pieces so if it does slip it won't fall. I could then hop out of MR and the real world, where I need to put my glass back on, very easily. 

My original face gasket never really stayed on properly. It magnetically attaches but it doesn't seem to click into anything. If the headset shifts up or down at all the original gasket slips off it's magnetic mounts. I really hope that they make a new VR gasket design based on the MR version. In the meantime, I might try and make a little shroud to fit around the MR gasket for more comfortable VR use. 

For the original gasket, I saw a video they released. I managed to clip on my gasket with the tips they provided. Maybe go give it a try if you still want to use the original one.

3 hours ago, Suprim Pink said:

For the original gasket, I saw a video they released. I managed to clip on my gasket with the tips they provided. Maybe go give it a try if you still want to use the original one.

Well I think that is the problem. My original gasket doesn't snap in place. It looks like it is missing part of the piece in the center that should click into the headset. Does anyone else have this problem with the original gasket?

5 hours ago, SuperGrover said:

Well I think that is the problem. My original gasket doesn't snap in place. It looks like it is missing part of the piece in the center that should click into the headset. Does anyone else have this problem with the original gasket?

How bizarre. Not seeing this problem on my gasket. I assume you are meaning this bit?

Screenshot_20230918_115911_Chrome~2.jpg

Edited by Beta_Tester

• 4 months later...

Any Updates? The headset is now out for a year and the face gasket still sucks! I even upgraded to the slim version for 49(!!!) Euros and all I got are these marks on my forehead! And I am now experienced with this headset and wore it the most comfortable way! Slowly I get mad! That is a flaw that can be fixed so easily. 

PS: I also got the Mr Gasket. That is not a fix for the problem!

• 4 weeks later...

The immersive display gasket has the same problem as the original, it places a connection plastic at the upper center which presses into the forehead.