VIVE Focus 3 Software 5.0.999.864– Release Notes

C.T.

VIVE Focus 3 Software (FOTA 5.10) 5.0.999.864 – Release Notes
Released September 13, 2023

What's new

• Transitioned the BETA program to a new mechanism. You no longer need to register by email and switch between beta and official versions of the system software. Easily turn on the beta features you want to try out or turn them off.

User experience improvements

• Enhanced Wi-Fi performance and compatibility.
  • Enhanced 2D app performance.
  • Added a battery check mechanism to system updates. To prevent corrupting the system software, system updates will only be downloaded and installed when the battery level is 30% or higher.

Fixed issues

• Fixed an issue where the controllers would stay awake while in standby, affecting battery life. Update your controller firmware to apply the fix.

On 9/21/2023 at 5:25 AM, sebastian_holocafe said:

Ah, was that the issue that would cause random controllers to be empty the next day even if they were connected to a charger and the headset was completely turned off?

I can check on this, but this wasn't the issue we fixed. 

14 hours ago, C.T. said:

I can check on this, but this wasn't the issue we fixed. 

I'm confused as to what was fixed exactly, as my controller (it's always the left one) continues to randomly wake from a powered off state. In fact, it seems to happen more frequently than it did before (although, that is anecdotal).

On 9/23/2023 at 2:51 AM, thedrone said:

I'm confused as to what was fixed exactly, as my controller (it's always the left one) continues to randomly wake from a powered off state. In fact, it seems to happen more frequently than it did before (although, that is anecdotal).

We used to have a bug where the controller appeared to be in standby mode, but it wasn't actually. As a result, some users had to manually power off the controllers to prevent them from draining power overnight. 

On 9/22/2023 at 2:51 PM, thedrone said:

Is there a standalone Controller Update app that we could use? Just plug the controller to the computer and run the app. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/27/2023 at 11:04 PM, BassilSJ said:

Is there a standalone Controller Update app that we could use? Just plug the controller to the computer and run the app. 

Yes, but it's a BWS (VIVE Business Warranty & Services) feature that provides a quick update on the controller.

• 5 months later...

Hello, I am looking to download the 2QA4IMG.zip file, to avoid sending the headset to after-sales service. I made a request @C.T. but I haven't had a response for several days, and the after-sales service cannot provide it to me, my helmet has been broken for 2 weeks.... 😞

32 minutes ago, toofer said:

Hello, I am looking to download the 2QA4IMG.zip file, to avoid sending the headset to after-sales service. I made a request @C.T. but I haven't had a response for several days, and the after-sales service cannot provide it to me, my helmet has been broken for 2 weeks.... 😞

Please contact customer support!