Standalone XR Elite showing static image with OpenXR in Unity

BanjoCollie

I am currently trying to get standalone Vive XR Elite working with OpenXR and Unity.
I have followed this tutorial (https://developer.vive.com/resources/openxr/openxr-mobile/tutorials/unity/getting-started-openxr-mobile/) but am just getting a static image of my scene that does not update when I move my head. 

Here are screenshots of my setting screens:
spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

I tried with the default androidManifest as well as with this one:
spacer.png

This projects runs fine using SteamVR on the PC as well as using OpenXR with an android build for the Quest 2, but I haven't been able to get the headset to track with the XR Elite. Any recommendations of things to try? Or other information would be helpful?

Howdy @BanjoCollie

I hear you're having issues getting the openxr support working on your xr elite using unity.

From a top level, to rule out environmental issues - try downloading https://github.com/ViveDeveloperRelations/MinimalRepo/tree/openxr_hand_tracking the "openxr_hand_tracking" example and see if that works.

It sounds like there two things that come to mind:
1) Make sure to have an xr rig and not a regular camera
2) try removing the meta plugin from the project and do a clean build / remove the library folder. The meta openxr loader is non-standard and causes issues with every other openxr platform at the moment, and last i checked the code that it runs to add to the android manifest also runs unconditionally. I think this may be patched in some versions, but regardless this is a source of errors for a lot of folks.

-Alex