Trouble with Enhanced Inputs System on UE5

cq33

I am trying to add a new Input Action to my VRPawn blueprint. This is to click on buttons on Widgets.

I already have inputs for smoothlocomotion setup, which work, as well as a button to Jump. This new IA as pictured below does not work. This is on a Focus 3, and everything has been fine until now - I am wondering if something has changed since I last played around with IAs.

The screenshots below are for a new IA to use the Right Trigger to click on widgets. This WORKS on a Vive Pro Eye. It does NOT WORK on a Focus 3 (or even XR Elite).

This IA is on the correct IMC. It is the same one containing all my other inputs for SmoothLocomotion. I even tried having the press of the X button print out a string to the console on the blueprint, but this would still not work.

I desperately need help. I sort of have to use the Focus 3 so I can't switch headsets. Am I missing something blatantly obvious? I don't think so if it works on other headsets.

(UE5.1) Only plugins installed is OpenXR and Wave which is needed for the Focus 3. Considering the SmoothLocomotion inputs work for me, maybe something changed since I made these? Probably a month gap inbetween me making that and now making this new IA.

Thanks.

Hi CQ,

I'm not sure if this will help, but I figure those of us who have bloodied ourselves by trying to get the Focus 3 to work with Unreal should stick together 😉

I'm currently developing a VR simulation using UE5.1.  I had a terrible time getting the input mappings to work.  What I found was that any mapping that included modifier, like "Dead Zone" or "Positive only", would not work with the focus 3 mappings.  This was the case with both OpenXR and Wave.  The weird part was that removing modifier did not fix the problem, I had to completely delete that Input Action and mapping, restart UE and then recreate the mapping without the modifier.  I was able to completely replicate the problem several times, so submitted a support ticket to Vive, but never got a response.   Honestly, it seems that HTC just isn't that interested in making their product work with Unreal.  Since my sim depends on physics and has a large number of actors, I couldn't get the performance we required, so I moved to a PCVR solution rather than installing an apk on the headset.  So, I no longer worry about the Vive mappings.  When running a Windows executable or UE VR preview the connection to the headset is via VBS and SteamXR.  I think Steam just uses the Occulus mappings for everything.  So, that's all I need.

I can't really tell from your screenshots if you are using input modifiers, or if had used them.  But, if so, you may want to try my suggestion.

Best of luck to you.

Dan