How do I remove a app from my library (even uninstall will do)

rezbec

Hi, I have a bunch of app i dont like clogging up my library expereince. How do I get rid of them? I can't seem to move the around (and put at the bottom) or uninstall them so they at least don;t appear on my home screen. Please help. Having a bundh of crap i don't like hanging around is driving me nutts. 

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi RezBec.

You'll need to specify as to where you are seeing all these unwanted titles. Is it with SteamVR Home or on VivePort?

Someone might be able to help. I know when I used VivePort, having stuff on the list that I had deleted was annoying.

Regards: Jack

Same here. And it's getting so bad I think after this month I'll cancel my subscription because quite frankly, I CAN'T FIND THE NEW GAMES! Not only that, but do I really need to be reminded daily that I caved in and tried that horrible Olympics VR title once a long time ago? I love Viveport.. but not being able to clean up your library is just too much.

I get the idea of subscription titles or others hanging around in your library for say, 10 days or so. Just in case your like, I wish I didn't delete that one game..what was it called? But after 10 days, come on.. clean this mess up.

P.s. The simple solution would be to allow us to HIDE items. This would solve all my issues.

In the Viveport app, if you mouse over the app a veritcal line of 3 dots will appear in the lower right corner, click that and you'll see an uninstall option - click it to uninstall.  As for removing it from your library, I'm not sure.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with you, how do you clean these out?!? no uninstall, no delete, nothing?!?!

The UI for vive and steam is seriously flawed, and why do we need two?!?

on top of that, my local "Vive" install has all the games/apps I've installed for it, but the Vive web site only shows three of the apps? Guessing they are the ones I selected through thier site?!?

Not even sure what to load when I go into VR now, there are two "dashboard" exe's and I can't even find out what the differences are.

It's bad enough that VR is splintered between facebook Rift and steam Vive, we don't need it splintering even more :(

• 5 months later...

Yes , I was having the same problem and it’s was driving me crazy because I like everything to be organized. I found out something you can do , on top of the screen there’s “filter by” choose “downloaded” and you’ll be able to see only the downloaded games in your library and not the deleted old ones . It’s still gonna be there each time you launch the store but you can filter it every time . It’s better than nothing for now

I hope this was helpful.

• 1 month later...

This is a huge issue for me as well. Each month more old titles I tried are added to viveport with no way of removing them. All the 3-dots give you is 'details'. I don't want details, I want shot of it ffs. If they don't give us a simple way to remove unwanted titles from our list then like others, I am ditching this pi$$ poor service. I struggle to find 5 titles each month as it is without being reminded of older stuff .... just clutter.