How do I perform a search in Viveport?

PiFromBRC

I open up Viveport and it gives recommendations.  Okay...that's cool.  But suppose I find a specific title on the web that I want to search for?  Where and how do I do that?  Crawling through the recommendations is cumbersome and I usually just give up and bail.  

Thanks. Any help is appreciated.

As you can see below, there's a button marked "View All" under New & Updated. If you click on that, it will show you a search bar on the top right of the frame you can use to search titles by name and various criteria you can specify as well.Let me know if you have more questions.

Thanks,

-John C

But that is an incomplete list.  For instance, I know there are more than 329 tltles in Viveport.  When I do a search for "Stars" it brings up ILM, yet doesn't bring up Star Trek.  Is there a complete access search for every title in Viveport?

Yes, that's a known issue. We're in the process of improving that (and other) features of Viveport. I don't have a timeline for you on when those changes roll out, but when the update is ready your software will apply it automatically as usual.

Thank you,

-John C

• 4 weeks later...

Is your improvement process complete yet ? Cause I am finding it quite inconvenient to go through all the list to find the title I want.

Is there a way to search in Subscription tab ? Or is it an improvement feature too ?

Adding search feature is a very easy task, shouldn't take more than a few days, right?

Hello , global search is still something that's being implemented. It takes a while for larger features like this to pass QA. In the most recent release of the client (r1076) there is a search feature within the store tab. You can use this to search for any title and bring up its store page where you can launch the title.  It's admittedly not ideal but it is a proven workaround until the feature is fully implemented in coming releases.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Can I please get the spreadsheet too with a column to show which are available for subscription and which aren't? I don't see a way to search for subscription titles. Why can't we add a title to our subscription if we find in on the pay-per-app section? For example, Apollo 11 can only be found by searching for it but then it forces you to buy it even though I have a Viveport subscription. The "available in subscription" button just kicks you over to the Subscription tab and doesn't locate that title for you nor can you search for it there in either the web or the current client version.

Archived