How do I perform a search in Viveport?

PiFromBRC

, while 's intentions are good, we cannot supply an XLS for a content listing. 

A new search function is now part of the Viveport desktop client, and will also be rolling out to the site very soon - ie within a couple of weeks. This isn't the final iteration, we want to improve it further. One of the areas will be in subscription.

, as you're seeing, searching within subscription isn't possible right now via a dedicated search function. However, there are workarounds. When you go to the subscription page, if you scroll down you'll see that 'see all Subscription titles' button. Click that to see everything, and yes, use Ctrl + F or similar to search for a title.

The 'Available in Subscription' button does take you to the Subscription page, but using the method above you should able to add a title to an existing subscription. It's not an elegant solution and it's being looked at, but that's what we've got right now. You should never, however, be forced to buy a title that is in subscription already (unless you want to own it permanently).

• 2 weeks later...

I'm on the below Viveport Subscriptions page but there's not "See all subscriptions" button anywhere - the top half is obscured by the 5 titles so only the bottom half scrolls (is there really no way to collapse that temporarily?). There's also no "See all subscriptions" button in the desktop client. Thanks

https://www.viveport.com/subscriptions/SB-1819822916

Hi ,

Our new search is incorporated into the menu bar at the top of Viveport.com. Here's a GIF showing it in action. Click the magnifying glass icon to open the search box, and search from there.

Should give you this:

This is our 'V1' search, however; at this time while you can filter by Viveport Subscription titles, you can't search for them from here. While it's clunky, to search for Viveport Subscription titles, go to your subscription page (the link you gave above, or click here), 'expand' the title list (another GIF...)...

... and then search the page by title in your browser search. This is obviously not ideal, but should help you find titles you're looking for.

As for what you're seeing, we're trying to figure out if it's a bug or something else. Can you let us know what browser you're using to look at the page, and ideally, send us a screenshot? You can PM me if you like.

Thanks. I'm using Chrome Version 63.0.3239.90 (Official Build) beta (64-bit).
I see that I CAN use CTRL+F to find titles in the browser Subscription page (but not the Viveport desktop client). I don't have your blue icon to "view all subscription titles" but they are already expanded down below. Here's a screenshot:

Hi again  - this explains it.

When you haven't selected all of your subscription titles (as you haven't, per this image) then the page is designed to have you scroll through existing titles looking for what you want to pick. The 'View All' arrow isn't there, because the entire selection is already on the page. As you can see, scrolling downwards shows you the titles but the upper half of the page is fixed to show how many titles you've already selected.

As you've seen, you can 'search' the page using the browser - in the desktop client that's disabled. It's not ideal, but at present, it's probably easiest to use a browser to select your subscription titles. In future search updates we should be able to improve the process on both desktop and the web.

Archived