Headset not tracking

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes we have 4 stations. Well with the exception of today, they would work all night if I would play them. We ususally have them work from 2 pm until we put the PC's to sleep which would be 8 pm. Then we come in the following day and start the steamVR up and same issue of tracking loss appears. We restart them all by powering them off and unplugging them for about 5 mins. then start it back up again and still the same result.

Since this is a industrial (commercial) space, any chance a neighboring business started using a piece of equipment that could cause interference with your multiple Vive setup?

Maybe something with powerful electric motors, something generating strong magnetic fields and so on?

Might be worth asking if they put a new machine into service on Sunday and has been running daily until 2:00pm?

Sorry, just grasping at straws here and throwing ideas around in case we hit the cause.

Regards: Jack

That's a good idea.

Can you test one of the units elsewhere? Maybe in a different building or at home? For all of them to go out simultaneous and only come back on at the same time... that's gotta be something with the building. Alternatively, if you have a uninterruptible power supply, try using that for the base stations and the PC and see if it fixes the issue on one of them.

Thanks,

-John C

I will give it a shot. I was also reading up on other Vive owners that had the same issues =https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Vive/comments/4l0c68/psa_getting_a_pcie_usb_3_card_solved_all_my_vive/. At the bottom the last comment was to check and update the mother board usb drivers. On one of the pc's i have a gigabyte motherboard and the other 3 have the asus m5a97 r 2.0. I'll give this a shot as well.

I hate to intrude on this conversation but my Windows 10 forced the Creators update on me a couple days ago after I had tried to defer it as long as I could. Any chance these PCs also got upgraded without your knowledge, or maybe they did not complete the upgrade and they start trying to dowload every day at 2PM?

Also, what about Bluetooth interference? What about setting those base stations not to go to sleep?

It is all good MartinMarty. I willl try to check that out also I do remember it was a while ago that it was trying to do that and I don't think it ever actually installed it. I do know that today at 3:50 pm they checked for an update and the system said everything is up to date. I will investigate and look for more info. As for bluetooth interference the only things would be the Vive systems itself. I have wired keyboard and mice on 2 of the four and the one has a wireless keyboard but wired mouse and the other has a wireless mouse with a wired keyboard. I have shut all of those computers off and am just working with all wired right now on one pc. I have set the bluetooth communication for the bases to where they can not be wirelessly managed and the camera is off.

Archived