Using Ultimate Trackers with third party HMD in Unreal 5.x

Hello!
I hope this is the correct place for asking this. I am working on a project in Unreal 5.3.2, which is supposed to use the Ultimate Trackers with a third party HMD via the Beta Programm.

I have tried using the example project provided here: https://developer.vive.com/resources/openxr/unreal/unreal-download/latest/
However, when starting the Ultimate Tracker Map, the trackers will not appear in Unreal at all.

The trackers are connected to Vive Streaming Hub and are all shown as tracking. The firmware is up to date, too. They also appear in Steam VR and can be seen in the HMD. I am using a Meta Quest 3 as an HMD, which I also used during the setup process of the trackers. 
I have also tried using the trackers with Unreal's VR template, but when selecting "Ultimate Tracker 1" etc. as Motion Source, nothing happens. 

I did, however, get them to work using the OpenXRViveTracker Plugin, by assigning them roles in Steam VR and selecting matching Motion Sources. So far, I got it to work with RightShoulder, LeftShoulder, RightFoot, LeftFoot and Chest. But as far as I understand from looking at the sample project, this is not the intended way of using them? Am I missing something? Is using "Ultimate Tracker" as a Motion Source not yet supported for PCVR with third party HMDs?

Thank you in advance!

Software and Hardware used:
Meta Quest 3
Unreal Engine 5.3.2, with OpenXR and Vive OpenXR Plugins, + OpenXRViveTracker Plugin
Vive Streaming Hub 1.5.11
SteamVR 2.5.5
Meta Quest Link

Hi @J3553,

14 hours ago, J3553 said:

I did, however, get them to work using the OpenXRViveTracker Plugin, by assigning them roles in Steam VR and selecting matching Motion Sources.

This is correct, as we stated in our Tracker Overview table, please refer to the link below.

https://developer.vive.com/resources/openxr/unreal/unreal-tutorials/tracker-overview/

Vive OpenXR Plugin is planning to support in PC Streaming, target version 2.5.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hi @J3553 Hello 53 I am trying to create a project with UE5 in which I can also use my quest3 and the ultimate vive trackers but I have not been able to make the meta and vive pugins coexist, I see that you tried to do something to make them work together, it is Maybe you can indicate how you are using it and how it can be replicated, I really appreciate it.