how can i get rid of smudges and streaks on the lenses?

DjBasA

i cleaned my vive with the included cloth, but there are still some smudges left and i noticed that (when wearing the vive) it also looks a bit streaked (like the right glas from those glasses in the picture: smudge-flash.jpghttp://www.cbetternow.com/images/glasses/smudge-flash.jpg)

the cleaning cloth that came with the vive can't get them away, this happened after cleaning the lenses one time because they became a bit dusty.

If wearing glasses in your Vive, make sure the glasses do not rub with the Vive lenses, VR headsets lenses use a soft plastic which is easily scratched. As for cleaning, something like eye glass cleaning fluid for plastic lenses works well using a microfiber cloth.

Regards: Jack

just started noticing them today (first day).

on both lenses on exactly the same places.

but i think i already figured it out, according to steam user ''shponglefan'':

''What you are seeing is lens glare. There's nothing you can do about that since it's a consequence of the lens design.''

(Notice the big ''Glare Test'' picture i posted above, thats basically what i see.)

Are you talking about the concentric circles? The Fresnel lens design?
That isn't "glare" that's just how VR lens (all top end VR headsets have these) are designed. If they weren't, you wouldn't be able to wear glasses while playing, it would be much heavier and you'd have a dark spot right in the middle of your vision. Not to mention all the unnecessary God-rays you'd be seeing.

Thanks,

-John C

i don't mind the rounded lines themselfs, they are easy to ignore, the bleeding of the colors of some objects on the screen is just bothering me and got me concerned. (in the picture, how the white color of the text lights up the lines and make it look like the lenses are extremely dirty (wich isn't the case btw, i checked with shining my quite bright phone light into it and it looked as clean as it could be, i use the same method on my glasses to see if i cleaned them succesfully or if there are any smudges cause of the cleaning)

Archived